Engine Builder Near Pacific Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Builder Near Pacific Northwest

I've had my E30 M3 since 1995. Bought it with 60K and have a lot of fun with it and never had any notable engine issues. These engines are tough. Currently at 135K and the engine is tired so I want to have a complete stock rebuild. Yes. I know it is crazy expensive. I do most of my own engine and mechanical work, but given the value and rarity of the S14 parts (block, heads, etc), I want to have it done by a shop that is experienced specifically with this motor.

I live near Portland Oregon.
    Any recommendations on the west coast for rebuilding the engine?

Any experiences with Top End Performance in Los Angeles? I'm not very comfortable shipping my engine off to have it done, but I have not ruled it out either.

Thanks!

I'm in the northeast but would be happy to assist. I've done a few of these... They are the only engine I work on.
    Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
    • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
    • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
    • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
    • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
    • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
    • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
    • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
    • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
    • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply! I would like to talk with you.
      I filled out the "contact us" form on the Redline Motorsports webpage.

John

Comment

John:
        I'll take a look, but check your msgs here. I'll leave you my phone number there. If I don't answer, it's because I don't recognize your number. Leave me a message and I'll call you back.
        Ron
        Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
        • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
        • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
        • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
        • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
        • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
        • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
        • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
        • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
        • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Originally posted by spf134 View Post
          I've had my E30 M3 since 1995. Bought it with 60K and have a lot of fun with it and never had any notable engine issues. These engines are tough. Currently at 135K and the engine is tired so I want to have a complete stock rebuild. Yes. I know it is crazy expensive. I do most of my own engine and mechanical work, but given the value and rarity of the S14 parts (block, heads, etc), I want to have it done by a shop that is experienced specifically with this motor.

I live near Portland Oregon.
          Any recommendations on the west coast for rebuilding the engine?

Any experiences with Top End Performance in Los Angeles? I'm not very comfortable shipping my engine off to have it done, but I have not ruled it out either.

Thanks!
          A few folks on here to reach out to..... Usernames: Austin and Dudley123

Austin runs a shop in Portland, and if he can't rebuild the motor, I'm sure he knows who can. Dudley just completed an entire restoration, including motor rebuild. I'm not sure who he had do the motor work, but I think its a shop in the greater Seattle area.

I think there are actually quite a few great shops in the PNW, but for whatever reason, it takes a bit of sleuthing and networking to figure out where they are and who to talk to. The folks at Griots Motors in Tacoma would probably be a good resource too.

Comment

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the lead on some local contacts!
            Austin already reached out to me.

Comment

Would not hesitate to reach out to Chuck at C&D Engines in Kirkland. He rebuilt valvecover>Oil pan on my hopped up 2.3. Great resource in Seattle, otherwise would be Patrick at Midnight motorsports (Seattle Area)

Comment

Does Patrick at Mightnight Motorsports have experience with the Maxx Alpha-N by chance? Looking for someone in the PNW for a tuning option
                Trystan W.

Comment

Working...
                X