Interior Light Behavior with Door Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Light Behavior with Door Open

I'm still learning about some of the little (and wonderful!) quirks of my car, and noticed that the ceiling light above the driver door (what are we calling this?) is the only light that turns on when either door is opened. I've toggled the switch next to this light above the other door and I can get it to turn on but it's not turning on when either door opens. Is this normal? Also, are any other lights such as those under the rear view mirror or any others supposed to turn on when a door is opened? It feels a little dark at night getting in.

That would be the dome light. There should be a setting to always on, a setting to on when the door opens, and off.

Will
    '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
    '88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      That would be the dome light. There should be a setting to always on, a setting to on when the door opens, and off.

Will
      Should the lights under the mirror turn on too or just the dome lights above the doors?

Comment

Just the dome lights. The lights on the mirror, map lights, are supposed to be for reading etc.

Don
        1973 - 2002
        1988 - iX
        1988 - M3

Comment

Working...
        X