Special Delivery - Cecotto Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30 Kurt View Post
    The wait was certainly excruciating made much worse by COVID, supply chain issues, overloaded freight lines (not to mention the ship that sunk lol) and the situation with Ukraine arising. It really felt like something "went wrong" each step of the way but thankfully things ended well. Where is your Macao located babraham
    It's in Phoenix.
    Imported it to the LA port and drove it back to AZ with my dad and son...made for a great first memory with it!
    1984 E30 323i Euro (sold)
    1985 E30 325e (sold)
    1988 E30 Henna/Black 2.5L
    1988 E30 Macao Evo2 #330
    2014 F31 328i Sportswagon
    2017 F80 M3

Comment

Awesome, that is definitely a nice first drive for a car which should stay in the family forever... Hope it doesn't see the Phoenix sun too much as i'm sure that is rough on the paint!

Comment

Hope it doesn't see the Phoenix sun too much as i'm sure that is rough on the paint!
        Yeah it unfortunately has to live most of the summer heat in storage.
        1984 E30 323i Euro (sold)
        1985 E30 325e (sold)
        1988 E30 Henna/Black 2.5L
        1988 E30 Macao Evo2 #330
        2014 F31 328i Sportswagon
        2017 F80 M3

Comment

Originally posted by babraham View Post

Yeah it unfortunately has to live most of the summer heat in storage.
          Understandably so... from your signature you seem to have a few other toys to keep you busy though so that's nice.

I daily a 2020 6MT F82 M4 Heritage Edition and a few friends drive an M3CS/M2C/M4 and absolutely love the F8X platform. Such incredibly fun cars to drive and wickedly fast.

Comment

Thanks CamayroZ

but I believe mechanically it is essentially an EVO II model through and through.

EVO2 and Cecotto are not the same
            EVO2 have a 220hp non cat engine with different block, different pistons , different TBs , different header , different flywheel
            also the chassis have some differences, lighter bumpers , lighter exhaust/muffler , brake ducts instead fog lights , 3mm glasses at the rears

That EVO2 was build to homologate some parts for the DTM cars, and they had to build at least 500 cars for that homologation

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

An E30 M3 daily driver, sounds perfect. Mine still sees that duty on a regular basis.

Will
              '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
              '88 M3

Comment

Working...
              X