full size airfilter for cf airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full size airfilter for cf airbox

Has anyone any pics they can post or e-mail me of full size panel filter in custom housing behind bumper??

I've got a couple I can try and send your way Erik.

Will
    Increasing the value of E30 M3's everywhere - one shunt at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Will, however I'm wondering if anyone has fab'd one for use with the aircon.! I'm actually making one right now out of cf but wondered if somebody had a design they wanted to share!

Comment

will, just post your install pics here so everyone can see them

John

Comment

John, I have of course seen your pioneering design. I'm trying to come up with something that still allows the use of ac! Any thoughts?

Comment

my thoughts are that it wont work. it is already tight without a condensor in the way
            and the fan has to be moved over to the right. you will have to compromise on the filter
            to have any chance. For me this was not acceptable.

John

Comment

Yeah but..... I'm not going to give up quite yet. My thought is narrow by condenser and then blossoming out to accomodate filter, albeit still at an angle even greater than your models.

Comment

you cant get a greater angle.

try it first, then come back and tell me.
                you will see.

John

Comment

*reviving thead*

Can anyone with pics of a air filter housing for the DTM airbox post them up? I have read many posts about filter boxes in front of the radiator but all the pics are dead. I need to get something working fast!!
                  "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Here you go Alpinerunner.

I hope this helps.

1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

Working...
                    X