A emissions Question!! please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A emissions Question!! please help

I have heard that if your m3 fails the emissions test, that mean's it's not running right? Is that true? because my car didn't pass the emissions test. What do you guys have to say about this? thanks

What were your readings? Do you have the failure notice with the test results?

Comment

I forgot, but it was like 16.0 something.. it was a lot higher than the state requirement

Comment

Yes, if your car is properly tuned and running perfectly, it will pass even without a cat.
        "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

I can help, but your information is WAY too vague. Post all your inspection information such as emissions readings and cutpoints and Ill do my best to guide you in the right direction. You are correct in saying that a car that fails the emissions inspection has something wrong with it. This is the exact reason they are testing cars in the first place, to identify vehicles that are running poor and require the owner to get them fixed.

Not to be rude, but given the lack of technical understanding contained in your post, it may be best for you to just take your car to a respected repair shop and let them figure it out.

Comment

Not to be rude, but given the lack of technical understanding contained in your post, it may be best for you to just take your car to a respected repair shop and let them figure it out. [/B]
            copy that.

Comment

Working...
            X