No announcement yet.

Hit 130k today, dancing temp gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good info. I am going to take the cluster out this weekend and see if tightening those nuts will do the trick. Thanks!

Comment

I could only turn the nuts about a quarter turn...did the fuel gauge and the temp. I ordered a new SI board for ha's...ha's. WTH...I have the thing out of the car. I may as well do some preventative maintenance. I will also change the bulbs on the circuit board. Money is no object when it comes to the car, right?

Comment

Just put the new SI board in and I now have and inspection light on and a brake lining light on. I shorted the brake lining light...dunno why that is on. I am going to disconnect the negative terminal for 20 mins or so and see if that helps anything. Anybody had similiar issues?

Comment

damn...headlights don't work either!....all other interior light do though.

Comment

actual headlights work but the cluster lights do not. The radio doesn't work (red led doesn't blink). Checked fuses 21 and 10 and both are fine. I must've hooked the damn cluster up wrong?!?!?! Any ideas. I am going to go back out now and take the fokker out.

Comment

i dunno about the lights but my temp gauge went crazy cuz my lower ground strap was loose (driver side on the oil pan)....fixed it and bam....perfect
              Michigan Technological University

www.a2sportcompacts.com

Comment

well...haste makes waste. I forgot to plug in the white connector. Now all the guages work/lights etc. BUT the inspection light is still on. So now I am wondering if I connected the little connector on the left side into the right pins. I am going to do a search on inspection light now and see if this is common with SI board install.

Comment

did you try resetting the inspection light?
                  Old School

Comment

The inspection light was not on before I changed SI boards but the answer to your question is no and that is only b/c I don't have the reset tool. Would that reset tool be a good investment? I don't know how frequently these inspection lights come on. I have only had the car for a year and only driven about 500 net miles.

Also...for visual purposes. This is the wire and the connector (circled in red in both instances) that I am concerned about a possibly having had misplaced. I am not sure whether or not this has anything to do with the inspection light but I am sure that somebody here knows. Thanks!

Last edited by ///Mflossin; 08-09-2005, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Mflossin,

If you do a search on the forum there is a way to reset the lights I think by just using a paper clip or piece of wire so you do not need to buy one of those reset tools...
                      Petro

Comment

yep...just did it. Def don't want to use a paper clip. I just took some simple 18g wire spliced either end about .5" and stuck them inside pin 19 and 7. Didn't use and inline fuse...just wire. Turned ignition into "on" position and waited 10 seconds. lights turned green and the service light went out....VOILA! Now I can sleep! I fucking love s14.net. Thanks guys!:cool:

Comment

Working...
                        X