Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana Plate Now Availabile - "Real M3"

Hey,

Random I know, just an FYI, the plate "REAL M3" is now available again in Louisiana. Was there when the plate was turned in...

Thought I would share in case anyone had been waiting for it.

Paul

I had E46 M3 and that thing was pretty "real".

Comment

Oh I agree.

I loved my E36M3 too!

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mous3
        No doubt it was real, but was it the real M3? :p Just messing with ya. :chug:
        "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Im gonna just shut my mouth on this one, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
            Im gonna just shut my mouth on this one, lol.
            I'm sure there is a joke about keeping it real in here somewhere.

Geeez, just trying to be helpful. [done]

heh heh

Comment

The common source of such a bold statement is simple. The E30M3 was designed for winning, not for selling.

The E30M3 was built to satisfy racing rules not a board room full of suits and focus groups.

Are they all M3s? Well the badge on the boot says so. :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mous3
                Key word is "had"

Don
                Don McAdams
                1988 E30 M3
                "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

E46 M3

Originally posted by AlpineRunner
                  No doubt it was real, but was it the real M3? :p Just messing with ya. :chug:
                  I can touch it, feel it, drive it, and I love it.

She's real fast and real comfortable. She effortlessly accelerates to 150 MPH and beyond, brakes are amazing, inspires confidence and oh-so-real mechanical feel when you shift. Piston speed and HP/liter is something you must admire. Pushed far enough at the BMW Motorsport that how many tuning kits are able to produce more realistic & usable HP? All that, right out of the box!

Yes, it is a more “commercial” version compares to M3 E30 but prove me wrong, M3 E46 is the first M3 where the US version is not a water-down version of the ROW M3’s. And guess what; CSL version is *already* a legend and more extreme and “serious” than EVO3 was.

True that E46 doesn’t have the “racing heritage” of the E30 but please remember that E46’s were pitted against the Porsches and they won! Rules have changed, economy has changed and so is the approach.

In fact I miss her every time I see another one on the road. If it weren't for my brother's graduation present, I would still have it. However, I am glad that we kept it in the family and I can drive on awesome roads in DC during my visits in the Summer and Fall.

Bottom line (to me at least) is that S54 motor will be THE last Inline-6 M engine; period.

By the way, I get the joke. I just have to share my passion on E46 M3!
                  Last edited by ///Mous3; 08-08-2005, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I feel you on a lot of those points. The e46 M3 is hard to fault becuase it's stiffly sprung and has a sweet, individual throttled engine making 104hp/L. The main argument against it IMO is weight. The e36 M3 on the other hand..... :2:
                    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Weight....

Originally posted by AlpineRunner
                      The main argument against it IMO is weight. The e36 M3 on the other hand..... :2:
                      AR,
                      It is not easy to engineer a very light car that has real back seats at the same time passes today's crash tests. Nice to remember that before complaining about the weight.

Compare to E36, look at the increase in power-to-weight ratio of E46 M3. And the 3.2L I-6 motor putting out 333bhp is awesome. Guess what; E36 M3 *was* 3.2L as well. IMO, E46 M3 has the real factory tuned motor.

Like someone here on S14 have said; "The best handling M3" may be more appropriate for the E30 M3.

I love both cars and may be I will get another E46 M3...

Comment

Re: Louisiana Plate Now Availabile - "Real M3"

Originally posted by pt///m3
                        Hey,

Random I know, just an FYI, the plate "REAL M3" is now available again in Louisiana. Was there when the plate was turned in...

Thought I would share in case anyone had been waiting for it.

Paul
                        Paul-

Did the owner sell the car? I have met the guy that owned the car with this plate, but cannot remember his name at the moment. Slightly older guy, white/graying hair, spoke with an accent. That tag was on his '91 M3 Brilliantrot/Natur with 25k miles and in absolutely perfect condition. He also owns a silver '88 that is nice, but nothing like the '91.

I would find it hard to believe he sold the car, but then again things change. I can imagine it did not go for cheap if he did sell it!
                        Eric Giles
                        '07 X5 4.8i
                        '01 325i
                        sigpic

Comment

Funny you should mention that car. That's the one I finally found and purchased. I was there when we turned in the plate.

The gentleman's name is Colin. I found him to be a very knowledgeable and fun person. Heck, I really enjoyed my interactions with him. Hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with him as well.

He does own a silver M3 as well that he drives. And yep, he has an accent from the UK.

Comment

Working...
                          X