Hello everyone...new member here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone...new member here.

Just wanted to say "hello" I'm a new member seriously considering getting an e30 M3. Unfortunately the quest has been difficult. I missed, which I believe, is a good buy by 1 day :( Is the 15K rule still valid?

From my understanding I should be spending around $15k overall to get to....?

What's everyones average annual cost of ownership (not including upgrades)?

Thanks,
    Puma
    (Oo=[][]=oO)

Looking for:
    BMW e30 M3
    BMW e28 M5
    Mercedes-Benz 190e 2.3-16 / 2.5-16

Puma,

Welcome to the greatest informational site in the world. Since it is, everyone who post for the first time will get the "search"... because we are lazy to type all that information again, well at least me....

The $15k rule applies to MOST E30 M3s but there are a few that sneak under the $10k rule... but those are lucky while there are those that sneak past the $20k rule... just depends on the previous owner and the condition of the car... annual cost can be expensive if something major goes wrong (spun rod bearing, major oil leak, blown head)....

Comment

Welcome.
      If you are a cold logical and mechanically adept shopper...the $15k can be valid.
      Otherwise you're spending $15k and half again to get your $15k car.
      You don't want to know the average cost of ownership, especially if you will fettle the car for track duty.
      I can only say that it is worth it once you're behind the wheel.
      Upgrades are usually mandatory as the car has 20 yo technology in it ,plus there are upgrades available to enhance drivability in a car that has a Jekyl and Hyde personality.
      m

Comment

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your search!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Thanks everyone...I'll keep looking.

I probably know everyone's answer BUT would you:

Buy/keep a 1991 Porsche 911 (964) C4 or e30 M3?

Oh yeah. Anyone know a good BMW mechanic in Maryland????

Thanks,
          Puma
          Last edited by puma1824; 08-11-2005, 11:37 PM.
          (Oo=[][]=oO)

Looking for:
          BMW e30 M3
          BMW e28 M5
          Mercedes-Benz 190e 2.3-16 / 2.5-16

Comment

Working...
          X