update on car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on car

as you all may or may not know, my car hasnt been running properly these past few weeks (details found here.... http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...&threadid=1121 ) Well, i did everything i could possibly think of and capable of doing myself, and was coming up short on time as this car is my daily driver. I took it to a mechanic and he came up with nothing. So...i went to the dealer. It has now been there for 4 days and they are having a hard time finding anything to pinpoint the problem to. I will keep you guys posted on what was wrong with it so that if anyone else experience this you got somewhere to start. Today i took them Shahes DME and AFM so they can run tests with those as compared to mine.

Rob
    "A wolf in wolves clothing"
    Tiff Needell

did they check the fuel pump?(not the adjustable part in the engine bay i mean the pump near the tank).

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

yes they checked the fuel pump. They are checking everything and its mother. Its not a bad idea, at least ill know of any other minor problems or whatnot. Ill keep you guys posted.
      Tiff Needell

Comment

my car wouldnt fire up at the dealer this morning, so they tried shahes ecu and it fired right up. They gave me the car back and told me to drive it with shahes and see if the problems reoccured. I drove it one night so far and all is well. Looks like im gonna need a new ecu, or dme, whatever u wanna call it. they are $1100 at the dealer. Anyone know a better price...or a better ecu/dme than the stock?
        Tiff Needell

Comment

Open up the ECU and see if there is something visually burnt. Check to see if you chip came loose or is patially coming out. I would have it fixed rather than by new/used. There is no upgrade with the exception of Lenz or a stand alone like MoTeC, Haltech...etc.

My car had some major issues once and I opened up the ECU and the JC chip was coming out of the decipher module thingy. I reset it in the module and all was good. The next time I had issues the ICV was going bad and it fried the transistors in the ECU. Trip to the local elctronics place and I soldered in new ones for $.50ea.

Open it up first, if you have no clue about electronics take it to someone who does.

T

Comment

coo...im gonna have someone at work take a look at it. He works with car audio and resolders amps and stuff all the time. If that doesnt work...do you guys know of anyplace that repairs ecu's?
            Tiff Needell

Comment

NOBODY???? a place in so. cal that repairs ecu's or sells rebuilt ones?
              Tiff Needell

Comment

Glad you found the problem. Although I'm no help with getting you the needed parts. :sosad:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

you need a 071 DME?
                  Give me 2-3 days i think i'll find one for you.

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Originally posted by Markus
                    you need a 071 DME?
                    Give me 2-3 days i think i'll find one for you.

Markus
                    I love this place Thanx
                    Tiff Needell

Comment

what happened with your ECU situation?

If you are not using sahae's ECU, do you think I could use it to see if my ECU is bad? (swap them out like you did) I'll pay for overnight shipping both ways

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                      they are not idiots.

Comment

If you need to repair your ECU unit or buy a remanufacture one, go
                        to programainc.com. I got mine few months ago for less than $500
                        with three years warranty!!!.
                        So far it is working perfectly good. They are located on Boca Raton, Florida.
                        Good luck. Jose:rolling:
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X