Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Spring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Question

I know sports springs like eibach pro-kit or h&r sports doesn't lower the car much so I thought of taking the spring pads off. Any drawbacks doing this? I just want a lil lower than an inch but I dont want the stiffness of the race springs out there.

can get 10mm deeper spring hats in the front. taking off the pad will cause the springs to squeek and otherwise not sound as solid, i'm told the ride isn't much different but most people wouldn't "recommend" that you take them out... fwiw
    ted
    1990 e30 m3

Comment

I've heard of the spring hats before but for the price I dont know if its worth it and what about the back? Would it be uneven lowering just the front? TIA

Comment

You do know there are DIFFERANT size spring pads? I think they go from 15mm down to 3mm. Chances are you have the 10mm ones in there, at least all the M3's that I have seen come with the 10, so if you use the 3mm all round you will drop the car 7mm. Not to shabby for like $10 a piece!

And if all you really want is a drop either get the H&R race springs or Spax, then the Bav auto ones.

Do not click
        At least it's German

Comment

Working...
        X