Additional gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional gauges

I am going to install 2 additional gauges in my car. One will definatly be the Delphi-d oil pressure as per M3solo, nice job by the way. I'm not decided on the other. Thought electrical amps, volts, as there is no real indicatiors but idiot lights. Looking for opinions, thought air/fuel mix, but I run a std afm and can't really change that, thought fuel pressure defi-d makes a nice piece matching the oil press. Just looking for input. Thanks
    STAN IN SARASOTA

Oil pressure and water temp. If you have money, then a wideband o2 sensor is great, along with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The AFM can be slightly calibrated too.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
    1989 M3 racecar
    e39 Touring

Comment

i would go for A/F, EGT, or water temp.
      where are you putting them?
      stock cars suck...period

Comment

best install spot Ive seen is the spot in front of the ashtray. Someone made up a bracket, looked real nice. Not a huge fan of the gauges on the pillar but thats the second best spot on our cars... at least of what Ive seen.

Comment

I have the lowen 2 gauge pod which I bought from Sean. Been riding around with it for a couple weeks with a couple dummy gauges to see if I like it. I do.
          STAN IN SARASOTA

Comment

i just saw something on ebay...never seen it before...apparantly it is an original bmw item...but i doubt it...anyone of you ever seen it?

Last edited by Dtm1992#43; 11-06-2005, 02:11 AM.
            stock cars suck...period

Comment

Alpina used to make digital gauges that used both vents. Those can still be found but are extremely PRICEY. The location in the vents is great as the gauges are at eye sight.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
              1989 M3 racecar
              e39 Touring

Comment

the alpina ones are hot....
                stock cars suck...period

Comment

I have the SPA dual guages on the pillar and i think this setup is awesome. It is up near your field of vision, but not blocking you from seeing anything. When i first put these in i was a little nervous that it would block some of the field of vision on that side but it really hasn't impaired it at all. As a fun bonus - they illuminate the same color as the dash .....
                  1990 e30 m3

Comment

the meters look nice...how is the price?
                    i'm not a fan of mounting em onto the pillar but i must say it's done very nice in your car
                    stock cars suck...period

Comment

Hey Salty:

Post a couple of pics. Thanks.

Originally posted by SALTYKRACKER
                      I have the lowen 2 gauge pod which I bought from Sean. Been riding around with it for a couple weeks with a couple dummy gauges to see if I like it. I do.

Comment

For people who track there car, or autocross, ashtray locations are no bueno, extremely out of your range of site while driving!

Comment

Sean, can't post pics for a couple weeks. Camera is with son who is mate on a 72 ft Viking in the Bahamas, tough life. Will post when camera returns

Uof O Sweet setup, I have too many projects so I' trying to keep some sort of budget.

Lee, how do you adjust the A/F on the stocl afm?

I like the Delphi A/F gauge, can this be used with the stock O2 sender?
                          STAN IN SARASOTA

Comment

Delphi gauge is not sufficient for afr, you should get a wideband02 gauge. Narrowband gauges like the Delphi read from 0-1 volt. True wide band o2 gauges read from 0-5volts. So you can see how much more info the wbo2 gauge can give you!

Comment

Originally posted by erik bernstein
                              For people who track there car, or autocross, ashtray locations are no bueno, extremely out of your range of site while driving!
                              exactly why i went with what i did - great location to see the warning lights (hope that they don't go off though!)
                              1990 e30 m3

Comment

Working...
                              X