Balo=EVO=current oem rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balo=EVO=current oem rotors?

I'm in the market for rotors and was reading up on some opinions. I've read Balo rotors work well, which are the OEM rotors used in EVOs. Then I think I read that those are the current OEM replacements for all e30 m3s. So, if I just walked into a dealership, and asked for replacement rotors on my US 1990 M3, I would be given the same Balo/Evo rotors without any need to specify? If not, is there a different part number for those?

The part number has superceded to the E3 disc. IOW, there's only one part number now so when you go into the dealer they've only got one to give you; the good one.

HTH,
    Jake

Comment

The only bad thing about Balo is that the hats in the center aren't painted like they are when you buy from the dealer; so they tend to get some surface rust.

Comment

Check with D//M3 on this site he sells these rotors both front and rear at a much better price than the dealer + great turnaround.
        STAN IN SARASOTA

Comment

Thanks for the replies people. Anyone know what improvments these made over the original pre-evo stock rotors? I'm just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF 88iS
            The only bad thing about Balo is that the hats in the center aren't painted like they are when you buy from the dealer; so they tend to get some surface rust.

So the rotors sold by the dealer aren't Balo, or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan 90 M3
              So the rotors sold by the dealer aren't Balo, or am I missing something?
              It sounds like the dealer's are Balo, but prepped with paint. If you bought Balo rotors made for our cars from elsewhere, they would be the same but unpainted. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
              X