Grp a catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can get my hands on most of the parts and have done

Downside is they are not cheap even from an insider.

Comment

"So enjoy the reading, and the learning German, but as for getting your hands on some very rare DTM inventory, just keep dreaming."

Not to start an argument but it is possible.... I've been quoted for the DTM shifter via these part numbers... and did not receive a 'not in stock' option... but like Adrian H said; they are not cheap.

Comment

No argument from me whatsoever.

Power to you both, 'Bavarian3' and 'Adrian H', nice to know at least 2 additional people that can assist in obtaining the DTM Parts, respect to you both !!

Regards,

The Gorilla.

Comment

sorry to jump in, i am new to the forum and i am just wondering how the "DTM shifter" looks like, is it the one with white shift knob?

Thanks

www.gms-taiwan.com.tw
          http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/gms-taiwan
          [email protected]

Comment

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ht=DTM+shifter

Comment

Off to dealer with Grp A print out and see which bits i can and cannot get!

Andrew

[email protected] | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

Comment

anyone know of a good translation site????

Comment

what bits did you order then Demlotcrew????

Comment

most street car guys with aspirations of obtaining race parts
                    balk at the price when they first see them. figure 2 to 3 times the price of
                    anything you see at your BMW dealership. not always, but most of the time.
                    but these are generally not street parts, it is often questionable why you should
                    ever consider such parts for your street car. certainly not for coolness factor.

I guess after a while you get used to prices though, they do have some pretty trick stuff and
                    it is awesome. some things are not really worth it.

important to know which parts work together and which dont. youve got roughly 5 years
                    of evolution parts to choose from.

Im not sure how Adrian H thinks of the prices on his engine bits, but I believe
                    he does see the worthiness of the parts now? right Adrian? Now you should understand
                    why some internet advertisement of 285 hp s14 are so funny; odd how many people
                    are taken by that.

John

Comment

Hi John,

I knew you wouldn't be far away to comment. I totally agree with you, that you cannot go and buy the Grp A parts for a street car, they must be used in conjunction with each other. You might want to use a part for coolness factor but you find that it will not work or fit without fitting parts A and B as well. That's when you find the prices are so prohibitive.

Yes John, I can justify my engine bits and their prices and can see the worthiness of them but bear in mind my engine cost nearly 11,000 just in parts prices. As you know my car rolling roaded at 319bhp but how accurate that is, no one knows but it gives you a rough guide of what the engine is putting out even if the rolling road was a bit optimistic. As you have said in the past, BHP figures are irrelevant, you have to get in the car and feel the driveability, power and torque and leave the figures for down the pub.

Comment

Adrian, what pieces did you use to get that kind of power? And is your car used only for the track?

Comment

you are right I dont like to guestimate power figures. I know what the honest power figures
                          are, and you are driving it so I dont have to tell you either. You should really try to come to
                          the ring once so we can compare our setups (there is no competition intended, it is only
                          meant good natured to see where we are at and how to continue), I have helped a few guys
                          with almost duplicates (or close to) my setup and we meet at the ring for comparison purposes.
                          Each time it is productive. Sometimes it takes a while to get the rest of the setup on par with the
                          engine, because on the Ring the car is much faster and then you find you need quite a few other
                          tweaks. Ive had a my share of e36 and e46 m3 guys nosying over to see what is up

John

Comment

no Erik, his setup is not a pure track setup, which is the whole point of this exercise,
                            although Adrian may use only for such (Im not sure, but he has mentioned track a few times).
                            Im averaging around 250 ring laps per year lately...this is a strong motor.
                            Ive read about a lot of "track" motors that are nothing but a hopped up street motor
                            that cant last a season. lots of thrown rods and bearing problems.

John

Comment

So, what makes yours and Adrian's motors so different from these hopped up street motors, specifically. Perhaps it is something you don't want to share on the forum?
                              Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

THANKS for hosting the file. Very much appreciated.

Chris
                                02 M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X