adjustable cam gears?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustable cam gears?

Which adjustable cam gears should I get? Where to get them from? I think I heard that BMW lists them in the motorsport catalogs and also Turner makes a set. I need them to dial in the new schricks.

I just received the BMW motorsport ones that I ordered from my local dealer. Took about 2 weeks to get them. Cost was $390 for both.

They seem fine, although I have not installed them yet. Basically they are just like the stock gears except the bolt holes are elongated to allow for adjustment.

I think the ones sold by Turner are a different design, and I heard somewhere from someone that they are kind of hard to use.

Comment

adj cam gears

does anyone know if the motorsport adjustable cam gear allows the same amount of adjustment as the Turner made set? Is one set superior to other?

Comment

My mechanic said the Turners gears sucked on install, but they do have a mechanism for locking them once dialed. I think the slotted OEM gears don't have means of locking.

T

Comment

Re: adj cam gears

Originally posted by ttw18
          does anyone know if the motorsport adjustable cam gear allows the same amount of adjustment as the Turner made set? Is one set superior to other?
          Many a man has used the Motorsport part no sweat! You should be the next one in line to do the same. Turner gears, while really sexy, are a MF PITA to use and really are not necessary to accomplish the dial in of your cams.We won't even discuss the price difference. I got a quote fom Maximillian's at $115 each gear. I do not have the BMW part # handy though.

Somebody fill that in please!

Eric

Comment

390$ is steep price. it should only cost perhaps $270 plus shipping
            (at current poor euro/$ exchange rate) for both.

John

Comment

adj. cam gears

Does anyone have the part numbers for the BMW adju. cam gears?
              Thanks

Comment

Here is the part number from the dealer on my receipt:

11-31-1-311-781

Hope that helps.

Comment

adj. cam gears

Thanks for the part numbers. Is this number used for both intake and exhaust sprockets?

Comment

yes. in my catalogue it says "E+A" for "Einlass"
                    and "Auslass". you guys do know that you can make
                    these yourselves from stock gears? 2 new gears will
                    cost about 200 euro. for 50 euro you can have good stock
                    ones machined...

John

Comment

Working...
                    X