New limited production of E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New limited production of E30 M3

I had heard a rumor that BMW was going to make a VERY limited number (100 or so)
    new E30 M3 cars to celebrate their historical wins. Anyone else hear of this?
    "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

really?

Comment

Who's the source?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I was told this by a reputable BMWCCA. May be total BS? Just seeing if anyone else has heard anything like this?
        "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

^^this was tossed out there years ago.. is this recent??
          1990 e30 m3

Comment

I heard it last month. Like I said it may be total BS. I really can't see them doing it. Besides the selling price of this limited run would be ungodly high. From what I understand its like Carrol Shelby still being able to sell 1967 modle year Cobra's with 427's in it. Something about still having VIN's available that was never used during the first production. Who knows for sure! It would be cool to see one though.

Comment

*checks calendar*....nope not April 1
              *checks date of post*...nope not April 1

complete BS

and even if they did they wouldn't meet 2006 NHTSA standards without hacking the car so it would never be sold in the US.
              Last edited by Bruce; 01-13-2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

BMW is not known to be semtimental. Past is past. A new but old tech e30 M3 will not impress the e90 crowd. Boxy, buzy and no SMG... WTF

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                1989 M3 racecar
                e39 Touring

Comment

Rember when Nissan/Datsun did this a few years back with refurbished 240zs?
                  I don't think it was very successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                    *checks calendar*....nope not April 1
                    *checks date of post*...nope not April 1
                    LOL- I thought the same thing.......:rolling:

Don
                    Don McAdams
                    1988 E30 M3
                    "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Originally posted by SScott
                      Rember when Nissan/Datsun did this a few years back with refurbished 240zs?
                      I don't think it was very successful.

i agree that this is total bs about them making it again... but something tells me that this might sell better than the 240, look at the demand for orginal m3's
                      1990 e30 m3

Comment

why are we wasting bandwith (I am not better than the rest of you )

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Besides... BMW would have to buy the parts back from some of you US hoarder/gatherers. You know who you are!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I think it bs aswell, if their going to rebirth, I think they would probably go with the 2002 ti, tii, turbo. since they too have a racing history aswell and a bit older than the m3, like the mini. that's just my opinion.
                            :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                              Besides... BMW would have to buy the parts back from some of you US hoarder/gatherers. You know who you are!
                              I think Jake is holding out on enough parts to do his own limited production run. [done]

Comment

Working...
                              X