EVO 2 Vavle/Plenum Painting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVO 2 Vavle/Plenum Painting

I have my valve cover and intake plenum off of my car while the engine is being rebuilt. The project is getting closer to being finished, and it is time to take care of some of the final details. I want to paint my valve cover like the EVO 2(white with the stripes...), but powder coat shops claim that they cannot do it, and i'm not sure if i can get any liquid paint that will withstand the temp that the valve cover gets to (i'm guessing it could be as much as 400 degrees?). Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    1990 e30 m3

search
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

is there any kind of specs as far as what angle the stripes are supposed to go at, how wide they are supposed to be or whatnot?
      thanx
      "A wolf in wolves clothing"
      Tiff Needell

Comment

anyone?
        "A wolf in wolves clothing"
        Tiff Needell

Comment

I'm not sure how much the temperture varies between an M3 motor and the Type R motor I have in my civic... but the DuPont paint that I've used to coat my valve cover is working out fine. Nothing has bubbled or come off it.

hth.
          Thank you Honda, but I'm done now

Comment

Fowler where in Pasadena are you? I'm in La Canada. We should meet up.
            1988 M3
            2012 335is
            1993 Civic Si

Comment

Rad, I'm off of Sierra Madre. Sorta by Old Town Pasadena.

Seriously, I would love to meet up. I'm thinking about getting an M3 and have yet to ride in one :p

Heh, thing I like about this site, I can tell people where I live without fear getting my car stolen

Comment

Originally posted by fowler
                Rad, I'm off of Sierra Madre. Sorta by Old Town Pasadena.

Seriously, I would love to meet up. I'm thinking about getting an M3 and have yet to ride in one :p

Heh, thing I like about this site, I can tell people where I live without fear getting my car stolen
                If you look anything like your AVATAR I would be scared to come to your house. J/K

Good luck with the Paintjob.

Comment

Well my car is not working at the moment, something about not having an engine in it, but when it's running again I'll hit you up.
                  1988 M3
                  2012 335is
                  1993 Civic Si

Comment

heh heh, trust me, I'm familiar with that situation

Comment

heh heh, trust me, I'm familiar with that situation
                      hey do you drive a silver HB with regamasters? if so thats a clean ride, but welcome the the dark side :evil:

shahe - Honda Tech member :-p
                      "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan

Comment

No, but that could be a friend of mine, Merritt, she's pretty popular.

This is my old car..

It had all the suspension and stuff.. I miss it, but I think I found something that will replace it well

Comment

you know what, i was thinking of your car, but for some reason i thought you had regamasters, but it was definitly your car i was thinking of. its is (or was i guess) a great looking ride. so what did you buy now?

Comment

It's sort of a weird story. I sold it for a number or reasons. I wanted something cheaper and I was going to an expensive school. Looked for an Eg for a long time. Couldn't find anything. School was a couple days away, so I just settled for a 97 silver Cx hatch. Basically the same thing, but older and cheaper.

Did the ITR motor swap and a few other things, but it wasn't as fun as it was when I first started, so, now I'm moving on. I still have the car, but I hope to be rid of it and the motor within the next couple months.

When that happens, I'm going to get a new car. Most likely an M3. I still need to do some research, hopefully I don't get something I regret..

So that's about where I am now.

Comment

It's sort of a weird story. I sold it for a number or reasons. I wanted something cheaper and I was going to an expensive school. Looked for an Eg for a long time. Couldn't find anything. School was a couple days away, so I just settled for a 97 silver Cx hatch. Basically the same thing, but older and cheaper.

Did the ITR motor swap and a few other things, but it wasn't as fun as it was when I first started, so, now I'm moving on. I still have the car, but I hope to be rid of it and the motor within the next couple months.

When that happens, I'm going to get a new car. Most likely an M3. I still need to do some research, hopefully I don't get something I regret..

So that's about where I am now.
                              hey a few things,

number one, you live in so cal. do you know howmany of us there are in so cal. i think most of the e30 gear heads are out hear. so if you need us to help you look at a car we are down. if you need help workin on your car, we are more then down, and if you need us to go on a canyon run, we are already there.

number two, is the itr motor legit? if so how much do you want for it? or even for the whole car? PM me if you would like.

good luck with the car search, take your time, its worth it.

peace
                              shahe

Comment

Working...
                              X