New Evo 3 Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Evo 3 Block

I have just been to my dealer today, here in the UK, to enquire about a new Evo 3 block and when he looked up the part no. 11 11 1 316 977 it said that it was no longer available.

Have any of you guys in the US or Germany heard anything about this, are they still available where you are, or is that the end of the Evo block ?

Nah its they dont want to sell you another mate, thats all......

Comment

Re: New Evo 3 Block

Originally posted by Adrian H
      I have just been to my dealer today, here in the UK, to enquire about a new Evo 3 block and when he looked up the part no. 11 11 1 316 977 it said that it was no longer available.

Have any of you guys in the US or Germany heard anything about this, are they still available where you are, or is that the end of the Evo block ?
      from time to time they are NLA for a few weeks.....then they wait until they have enough request/orders and then they build new ones...

Markus(who have always 1 in reserve but not or sale *gg*)

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Delivery is week 11.

Karl

Comment

Thanks guys. Karl, where did you get that info from ? If that info is available, it would have been nice to have been told, rather than just saying it was NLA.

Don't worry Neo, it wasn't a member of your family !!!

Comment

people behind the desk know nothing about when things are coming in or even that they ever will be in. Most of them were in diapers anyways when our cars came out.

Comment

I enquired at my local BMW dealer - he emailed Germany and came up with the info.

Expected week 11 in Germany so give a few days to get to UK.

Karl

Comment

Pity other parts aren`t like this, or is this the case? BMW and Mobile tradition are supposed to be proud of the parts they make available for old cars yet I see or read here often parts being NLA. If 10 people order carpet in NLA colours, will they make it available?.

1988 Evo II

2006 Z4 3.0Si Sport Coupe

Comment

In the US, a Dealer has to check the US stock & Germany separately. So something maybe NLA in the US, but 500 are sitting in Germany. I'm not sure how the system works in the UK. My local dealer will check the US system first, than he will check in Germany. He can also call the BMWs US HQ is see status of parts. They have a more detailed system to look at.

I know of one Evo block sitting in a US Dealers inventory, but it is for a customer.

Mike K.

Comment

they have several systems that they can check....
                    For example if i go to my dealer and want a part they'll first check the normal ETK system from BMW directly.
                    If the part is NLA in that system they could check another one where all dealers in germany are Online...so they can check from here if any other dealer here in germany have it in there "private"
                    store.
                    I have done that last week with a set 46mm TB gaskets,,,,
                    ETK said NLA at the moment but we found 1 set at a dealer 300km away from me....they ordered it there and 3 days later i got them...

Markus

Comment

Adrian........that dealer of yours doesn't sound very helpful.

Markus..........I've had a similar experience here to Mike's. Remember about 6 months back when I told you what the dealer here quoted me for an E3 block ? They said they could get it at that time but the price compared to the price that you told me .....well, over here it was just a rip-off to get it from the dealer.

Anyhow, when I saw this thread the other day I phoned the dealer here again just out of curiosity.They said there were none in this Country........didn't say it was nla.......they had some designation for it........I asked what that meant and he said that any part on their database that had never been ordered here was given this designation (this of course was not what they told me last time). Essentially that means that they have to check with BMW Germany as to availability.

I don't know........one month they say yes, no problem....then another time I get a different story. At least he didn't do to me what Adrian's stealer did and tell me no go.

Lucky you're in the land of BMW candy eh Markus

Comment

Just to update you all with the latest. I normally will only deal with one person in the parts department because the service I get off him is excellent, so I rang today and spoke to him. I explained what I had been told yesterday by his colleague and what I had picked up on here so he checked it out.

When he checked the part number, sure enough, it came back NLA but he then sent an email to BMWGB asking if that was the end of the line for these blocks. After about four hours he rang me back to say he had received a reply from BMWGB who in turn had contacted BMW Germany to ask the question. They were told that there was no supply of blocks at BMW Germany but there was an order in at Germany for seven blocks. Germany confirmed another batch of blocks is being produced to fulfill the seven orders already placed and there will be a sufficient amount then put into stock for future orders.

So it confirms what both Markus and Karl explained yesterday.

Comment

I am wondering if those will be reconditioned E3 Blocks, recon'ed standard blocks, new E3 blocks or new standard blocks?
                          Surely they won't cast only 10 blocks and machine them?
                          On the other hand I can't see them being supplied wih that amount of reconditionable E3-blocks either.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer
                            I am wondering if those will be reconditioned E3 Blocks, recon'ed standard blocks, new E3 blocks or new standard blocks?
                            On the other hand I can't see them being supplied wih that amount of reconditionable E3-blocks either.
                            Exactly.......I wonder what they regard as " a sufficient amount " to put into stock for " future orders ".

Anyone know if this is the norm ? i.e. do they actually wait for a bit of a build up on orders and then make/ recondition or whatever ? Does seem a little strange ..........maybe they have someone that does this as 'outwork' and supplies BMW ?

And what about the oil squirters ? I presume that they are supplied seperately ? (ouchy !........that's when it gets nasty).

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer
                              they are always brandnew E3 Blocks....
                              also the cranks
                              you can buy a new one for 1400 Euro or a exchange(AT) one
                              for 800 Euro..... and you'll get always the same NEW one
                              i think it isn't rentable to rec. them....

Markus

Markus

Comment

Working...
                              X