Turn signals have become possessed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals have become possessed?

I searched for this but can’t find a post with my specific problem.

It seems sometimes are cars turn signals become intermittent, but usually only one at a time…

Both my signals work for a short time then they stop blinking/clicking. Sometimes I will engage a signal and it wont work at all so I’m frantically turning the signal on and off two or three times to get it to blink. Before they stop blinking they stutter a bit and completely stop.

The signals always work when the car is first started, then after a while, the more you use the signals the less chance they have of tuning on/staying on when you use them. The Emergency blinkers work..but only for a short time as well, click on and off…they start again.

WTF is going on….this just started this week.

Any info before I go to VACmotorsports /dealer ?
    Steve
    "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Sounds like a heat related issue to me. I know that might seem a bit vague, but check your wiring to see if it's getting cooked into submission?

Comment

Could be a bad flasher relay.

Comment

Both ideas had come to mind..especialy the heat related one, im trying to figure how to prove that.

Are both the left and right signal conected to one relay that would cause them both to do this?
        Steve

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Comment

Originally posted by Sbailey294
          Both ideas had come to mind..especialy the heat related one, im trying to figure how to prove that.

Are both the left and right signal conected to one relay that would cause them both to do this?
          The emergency flasher relay when bad ,will mess up the turn signals.
          In fact, play with the emergency flasher switch to see if it is passing(leaking) current to the circuit also.
          One flasher relay controls both the RH and LH circuits ,iirc.
          So...turn sig flasher relay, emergency flasher relay, emergency flasher switch, and the turn signal switch all need to be checked.
          check for moisture ingress and corrosion in the relay box also.
          If you have loose fuses stored in the relay box, take them out as well.
          m

Comment

I just solved the same problem, as mark said one relay controls both RH and LH circuits.
            The relay its self is on the bottom of the steering column, unscrew the cover and when it starts happening reach under the steering wheel and play with the relay, that should confirm whether thats the problem or not.
            HTH
            Trystan W.

Comment

Fantastic. Hope thats it!

I'll try this evening...
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sbailey294
                Fantastic. Hope thats it!

I'll try this evening...
                Just had the same problem. Emergency flasher fixed mine. If you need a flasher relay, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                X