Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• euro vs us cooling system

Whatsup fellow s14 enthusiasts

So I couldn't keep my hands off of my winterized car and decided to do something to it while it was sitting. I ordered the lower temp fan switch (80/88) and replaced the one on the thermostat with it and took the fan clutch with the shroud out of the car.

What I am not sure about is this. If the euro models had a similar setup (no fan, just electric with lower temp switch) why is it that many members on this board have installed and additional electric fan on the inside.

Is there any reason why I should go the extra mile or what I have now will work just fine

Thanks

p.s. spring is getting closer and closer!!!

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Hey Noro...whats the part Number for the lower temp fan switch, or did you just adapt one?

I wanted to get around to this mod as well. Have had (driving a Merc 560 SEC 300 miles for a frend... bang, ouch) bad experences with these fans flying off :(
    Steve
    "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Comment

this guy
      Part # : 61 31 8 361 787

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

I use a 91/99 on my car and its the correct one. I only have the Stock front mounted electric fan.

Andrew

[email protected] | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

Comment

Re: euro vs us cooling system

Originally posted by noro

What I am not sure about is this. If the euro models had a similar setup (no fan, just electric with lower temp switch) why is it that many members on this board have installed and additional electric fan on the inside.

Is there any reason why I should go the extra mile or what I have now will work just fine
          My car sees track events when the ambient temp may be approaching 100*F
          I'm not using an extra fan, but mine is wired so that the thermostat can switch it on any time it has to.
          m

Comment

Working...
          X