No announcement yet.

oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimmyC is right, 'your' part nr 11 is not on an S14. Copy and paste the first link I posted and you'll see what I meant.
    Anyway, I would say you can remove that part without removing the head as it has the same interface to the head as the timing chain cover on an S14 which I managed succesfully. Just make sure that all surfaces (i.e. the underside of the head gasket) are clean sthat the sealant works properly.

good luck.

Comment

You guys are correct, this part is M10 specific, I just looked it up in the official BMWWebETK (that realoem site can be confusing). Thanks guys for ridding of all that confusion, guess there is no pulling of the head!
      Last edited by Giorgio; 02-19-2006, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Reviving old thread.

Getting ready to take care of the timing cover gaskets and oil pan gaskets (U & L). I spoke with Bernard (Hardtailer) to confirm sealants.

I was wondering if anyone else has done the timing cover gaskets without removing the head successfully? I have about 130k on the motor and would prefer not to pull the head until I need to do a rebuild.

Thanks
        Ryan M
        88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
        07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
        05 Outback XT

Comment

Working...
        X