need some help. few part numbers and stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help. few part numbers and stuff

first off, anyone know the PN for the s14 factory filter like the one motorsportimports has? http://motorsportimports.com/auto/e3...tml#oil-filter

second of all, i just installed my 48mm trumpets and desided to clean up, as i was cleaning under the motor, i desided to take off the oil pan and order a baffle, to my suprise i saw one in there , did the s14 ever come with a stock baffle? if not my gain! lol. Also, the gasket was not damaged when i pulled off the pan, do you guys think i still need a new gasket?

third, anyone have the wireing diagram for the passenger side? a bunch of the wires are the same so i dont know which goes where for a few of them. if not, ill barrow rob's car and follow his wires and duplicate that onto my car.

fourth, does the wiring harness go over or under the radiator?

if i remeber anymore questions ill post them in a bit.

thanks alot guys, the car is coming along! im ordering my fenders and hood tommarow!
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Not sure but I think it does have a standard baffle, its just not high enough. So you'll have bolts in there already.

I use my valve cover gaskets if they arent worn, but its plastic, not cork, not sure how cork compresses or if itll hold leaks if reused.

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan
      Not sure but I think it does have a standard baffle, its just not high enough. So you'll have bolts in there already.

I use my valve cover gaskets if they arent worn, but its plastic, not cork, not sure how cork compresses or if itll hold leaks if reused.
      the gasket on here is also plastic for the pan, since the car wasnt fully stock, im thinking that the PO had all this stuff installed. thanks.
      "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan

Comment

Score. I don't think the S14 ever came with the updated oil pan baffle.

I would definetly use a new gasket when you put the pan back though. Those cork gaskets are designed to be compressed only once. Most likely it would be fine, but they're inexpensive and it's better to be safe than sorry.

My $.02
        -Mick

Comment

For $3 get a new gasket.

There is a wiring loom that runs in front of the radiator. It snaps to the filler piece under the grills. Nothing under the radiator. Sorry, no answers on the other questions!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsha007
            the gasket on here is also plastic for the pan, since the car wasnt fully stock, im thinking that the PO had all this stuff installed. thanks.
            Oops, didn't see your reply before I posted... plastic will hold up better than cork, but I'd still replace it.

Comment

http://www.m3bmw.com/gallery/engine/....baffle.01.jpg

check that for the baffle....see the one has the extra inch on top...

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan
                http://www.m3bmw.com/gallery/engine/....baffle.01.jpg

check that for the baffle....see the one has the extra inch on top...
                oh i see, so the smaller one is stock? it seems like it would do the job, no?

For $3 get a new gasket.

There is a wiring loom that runs in front of the radiator. It snaps to the filler piece under the grills. Nothing under the radiator. Sorry, no answers on the other questions!
                yea, i think im just going to replace it.

Oh yes, i remeber now, its like the image poped up when i read that. thanks a lot!

Comment

Oil filter part number:

11 42 1 258 039
                  1988 M3
                  2012 335is
                  1993 Civic Si

Comment

Anyone have any helpful tips on an oil pan installation. I put mine back on with the cork gasket, and everything looked lined up, i used permatex, but once i had everything torqued in, a small strip was sticking out of the front of the pan. I thought everything would be cool, but after i drove it, a little bit of was seeping through.

Where can i get the plastic gasket?...they seem easier to install.

Comment

Working...
                    X