Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: New CF hood installed.....

Originally posted by M3NTAL Kev
    Yes. You should remove it immediately and ship it to me.

I think you should paint it but mask off a motorsport style checkered flag on one corner so that it shows through as CF but paint the rest of the hood.

Just an idea...

I agree, its a bit too rice for such a high quality car. I would do what M3NTAL Kev suggested.

BTW: Your underhood shots make me jealous! Im in love with that CF intake.
    Last edited by wookie1976; 07-11-2003, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Nice Mike. Just my oppinion: paint it red.
      I would paint the mirros too.

The only CF parts Id leave natural looking is the rear flipper,
      the front splitter and the airbox.

the CF wing, the CF front bumper, CF fenders, CF doors etc.
      should IMO be painted so people cant tell the difference.

John

Comment

What was your cost of the hood, and what would my cost for one of similar quality be? What is this "OLD GB" you speak of? Can you point me in the right direction to get one myself?

Sry, for all the questions and I must compliment you again on it. It looks very good and you should keep it bare carbon fiber until you decide what you want (you should want to do what M3NTAL Kev suggested!!!!:p )
        I am stationary at forty miles an hour.
        ///Mark Dowst

Comment

"GB" stands for group buy. That is when someone contacts a manufacturer and a gets a group of people to buy a product so the buyers can get the product wholesale. Since it was done in september I'm sure the gb is over.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
          original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
          win races on the track, not the street. It
          got the job done."

Comment

:sosad: Group buy from who? I don't have the money, or other more important mods done yet, I was just wondering what the ballpark was for EVOIIIM3 and what it would cost someone w/o a group behind them for something of comparable quality. Also, a point in the right direction is always appreaciated .
            I am stationary at forty miles an hour.
            ///Mark Dowst

Comment

Originally posted by ///TILTED
              :sosad: Group buy from who? I don't have the money, or other more important mods done yet, I was just wondering what the ballpark was for EVOIIIM3 and what it would cost someone w/o a group behind them for something of comparable quality. Also, a point in the right direction is always appreaciated .
              It came from VIS and the cost was $500.

Do not click
              At least it's German

Comment

one more vote for painting it to look like stock!
                -Han

Comment

it looks pretty good because the weave looks nicely consistent throughout, but i think i would paint it. of course that leaves plenty of options for painting....

i like the red see through by idea, but i'm not sure how that'd look on the car. with a dark background like CF would the red match somewhat?
                  -Dave

A purist with a slight hot-rodding streak.

Comment

Working...
                  X