Moment of silence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moment of silence?

I realise this news is now a couple of weeks old but I thought it was worth a mention.
    For those of you who don't know Will Hoy died on December the 20th of a brain tumour aged just 50.
    Will Hoy was a front-running touring car driver in his day and had recently turned to team management.
    He was perceived as an all round nice bloke by all who came into contact with him.
    He also drove an E30 M3 prepared by Vic Lee motorsport in the BTCC in 1991 and took the BTCC title that year.

Like I say, it's slightly belated but I still felt it was worth mentioning for those who weren't aware.:sosad:

It isa terribly sad passing.

My inspiration for developing this site is my mother. She was diagnosed with brain cancer 4 months ago @ 55yrs., and has had brain surgery to remove a tumor this past November. She is ok...

I was actually viewing the site where Rob got the pics last night, although I had no idea that he had passed. He was so young... Prayers go out to Mr. Hoy's family.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I was very surprise when I heard the news about him. He was a great driver anmd I saw him race in the BTCC many a time.

Darran, Was he one of the drivers that was spin on his roof after a slight coming together with his team mate at Brands Hatch I think it was?.
      I'm sure they were racing Toyota Carina's. I think it was Hoy and Bailey
      The good olde days of BTCC
      "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Originally posted by M3Pilot
        I was very surprise when I heard the news about him. He was a great driver anmd I saw him race in the BTCC many a time.

Darran, Was he one of the drivers that was spin on his roof after a slight coming together with his team mate at Brands Hatch I think it was?.
        I'm sure they were racing Toyota Carina's. I think it was Hoy and Bailey
        The good olde days of BTCC
        That's the fella......back when the BTCC was packed with big grids and lots of characters.

Comment

this is the first ive heard of this terrible news. another blow to the glory days of touring car racing, i must say :(

looks better than it runs :/

Comment

Very sad news.

Comment

Working...
            X