Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finially got Dog Leg trans need diff help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeattleE30///M3
    replied
    Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
    We can talk at the car show this weekend.
    Where's the car show this weekend??

btw, EVOIII i'm picking up my tire-mounted rims today and have my spacers and lug bolts I'm starting to get excited.

Leave a comment:

• M3Pilot
    replied
    First is a tall gear and it's over to the left, like reverse. Then 2,3,4,5 are in a H pattern, there is also no over dirve 5th. The gears are also spaced closer so there will be less shifting to keep me in the power band.

4th feel quite long as well, but it only drops about 750 rpm on the change so it right in the powerband every time. Never been in an M3 without one so I'm not sure how it will compare to the US spec ones. It works great on the track though Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Markus
    replied
    yes Mike because the US people drives slowly
    and so they don't need a "racing gearbox"

Markus :p

Leave a comment:

• EVOIIIM3
    replied
    Originally posted by battle///m3
    whats the dogleg? hows it differ?
    First is a tall gear and it's over to the left, like reverse. Then 2,3,4,5 are in a H pattern, there is also no over dirve 5th. The gears are also spaced closer so there will be less shifting to keep me in the power band.

All M3's were this way EXCEPT the US cars.

Leave a comment:

• mazenz
    replied

good idea ill see you there.

Leave a comment:

• AlexMc
    replied
    nice acqusition mike, should scoot with the 3.46..

Leave a comment:

• EVOIIIM3
    replied
    Originally posted by mazenz
    what did you do with your stock tranny? how much did the dogleg set you back?

Leave a comment:

• battle///m3
    replied
    whats the dogleg? hows it differ?

Leave a comment:

• mazenz
    replied
    what did you do with your stock tranny? how much did the dogleg set you back?

Leave a comment:

• EVOIIIM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Reelizmpro
    You can find 3.46 on 88 528e Automatics but few are LSD so you will have to be lucky. 3.25 is probably your best bet since they are plentiful here in the US from 535's and such. 3.64 is pretty rare here in the US.
    I just got a 3.46 lsd for $375! All is good!!

Leave a comment:

• Reelizmpro
    replied
    You can find 3.46 on 88 528e Automatics but few are LSD so you will have to be lucky. 3.25 is probably your best bet since they are plentiful here in the US from 535's and such. 3.64 is pretty rare here in the US.

Leave a comment:

• 1990m3
    replied
    I want a dogleg too, one more part that I'm jealous of

Anyway, the 3.64 or 3.46, I can't remember which one was commonplace on the 6-series cars. A place like Zionsville Autosport that sells all those used diffs will most likely be able to tell you what cars each one came out of. A friend of mine in Jersey found a 3.64 out of a 6-series for his S50 conversion. Good luck

David

Leave a comment:

• Spectre
    replied
    Run it in the 1/4 once for kicks, see what kinda times you get. I wanna dogleg.

Leave a comment:

• 356racing
    replied
    Does anyone know if the Z4 3.64 will work?

Leave a comment:

• EVOIIIM3
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleE30///M3
    TIght Mike! I thought about picking that dogleg up from Simon?? as well.

I will definitely come over to help you put that tranny in. Although I'd be a "Dumb" helping hand, I can provide some grunt and help do the dirty work.:t:
    Great it will be fun! Yes, it's the on from Simon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X