Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wookie1976
    replied
    You can get to or see almost everything from above. You may need to climb under if the compressor sensor is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• WillM3
    replied
    Thanks!
    Is it easier to see all this from below, or did you manage from above?

Leave a comment:

• wookie1976
    replied
    Your compressor needs several things to operate. You need to check the overtemp switch on the thermostat. You can do this bu making a short jumper wire and shorting it. The second check should be your low pressure switch. If your freon is low or the switch is bad the compressor will not operate. You can jump this too, its located near the dryer behind the passenger light assembly. The third is a switch on the compressor itself. I think this is the high pressure cutoff switch. You could tru to jump that one, but I would wait and have the high side checked before you do since it may be operating for a reason. If this doesnt do it, look at any relays, a/c switches , or fuses in the circuit. You can check all of these things with the engine off, but the key switched to on. Look for the clutch on the compressor to pull in. If it pulls in, you have an engaged compressor = A/C (pending freon is present).

The switch location is all from memory. Somebody might be able to verify this for me.
    Last edited by wookie1976; 07-17-2003, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WillM3
    started a topic A/C compressor problem

A/C compressor problem

Hi guys,
    My A/C compressor just quit kicking on when I push the button, and I saw in the SIG archives that it may just be the ground wire to the compressor or a bad temp sensor on the compressor. I can't see this area very clearly on the engine though. Anybody have any tips on how to check this?
    TIA,
    Will
Working...
X