Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone able to inspect a car - Tuscon, AZ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone able to inspect a car - Tuscon, AZ??

Gents:

I have found a nice 88 M3 located in Tuscon, AZ. The owner and I have settled on a price but before I fly out there (from VA) to drive her home, I'd like someone with greater knowledge than him and I to give her the "once-over".

Anyone willing to lend a hand to a new e30 guy?

Thanks,
    Mike
    88 E30 M3 Hennarot
    95 E36 M3 Avusblau (Track Car)

I was just in Tucson over the weekend. I wish you had posted this a few days ago, I'm not a mechanic but at least I could have taken a look at it for you and given you a third party opinion on the car. BTW how did you find this one? Good luck.
    Rey
    "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

I suggest that you find a reputable independent BMW shop in/around Tucson and have the car inspected there.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
      1989 M3 racecar
      e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong
        I suggest that you find a reputable independent BMW shop in/around Tucson and have the car inspected there.
        co-sign. Do that and you should have a pretty good idea of what your dealing with.
        1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

I suggest John at European Auto Tech in Tucson. He is a great guy, and does really thorough inspections. You can call him at 520 888 6575. Tell him Matt sent you. I was down there today and there were 2 E30 M3's, and that a pretty common site.
          -Matt

For Aftermarket Engine Management, Visit Electromotive Store:
          http://www.electromotivestore.com

Own a shop and need a better website?
          PM me or Visit http://www.shop-websites.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matts M3
            I suggest John at European Auto Tech in Tucson. He is a great guy, and does really thorough inspections. You can call him at 520 888 6575. Tell him Matt sent you. I was down there today and there were 2 E30 M3's, and that a pretty common site.
            Thanks. That is where the current owner takes it for service!
            88 E30 M3 Hennarot

Comment

who is the owner? I know most of the cars in tucson very well. European Autotech is very un-biased and a good place to take the car.
              -Matt

For Aftermarket Engine Management, Visit Electromotive Store:
              http://www.electromotivestore.com

Own a shop and need a better website?
              PM me or Visit http://www.shop-websites.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matts M3
                who is the owner? I know most of the cars in tucson very well. European Autotech is very un-biased and a good place to take the car.
                Matt,

Scott is his name. Know him? Good guy after some discussions. More imp, know his M3?

Thanks,
                Mike
                88 E30 M3 Hennarot

Comment

I was trying to buy that car for the past couple of weeks but was not able to coordinate a time with the owner (Scott). Would you mind sharing the agreed upon price?
                  1988 Lachssibler/Black
                  46xxx miles and counting : )

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan-88 M3
                    I was trying to buy that car for the past couple of weeks but was not able to coordinate a time with the owner (Scott). Would you mind sharing the agreed upon price?
                    What do you think my answer will be? I have been working with him for sometime and the car is in essence mine barring unknown factors with the vehicle. Dont bogart my ride.
                    88 E30 M3 Hennarot

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Madness
                      What do you think my answer will be? I have been working with him for sometime and the car is in essence mine barring unknown factors with the vehicle. Dont bogart my ride.
                      OK, I don't know the 'bogart' reference. I understood your original post to mean that you have bought the car. I am not interested in purchasing the car as I bought a different one ('88, silver/black - Scott even has pics of my car). Having spoken and emailed with Scott many times, I was simply interested in in the final transaction.

I would offer to try to see it for you but as I mentioned, I had difficulty in meeting with Scott and I'm heading out of town for a few days...
                      1988 Lachssibler/Black

Comment

OK, I don't know the 'bogart' reference. I understood your original post to mean that you have bought the car. I am not interested in purchasing the car as I bought a different one ('88, silver/black - Scott even has pics of my car). Having spoken and emailed with Scott many times, I was simply interested in in the final transaction.

I would offer to try to see it for you but as I mentioned, I had difficulty in meeting with Scott and I'm heading out of town for a few days...
                        Ahhh, my bad. When you said you have been trying to buy the car for weeks . . . it raised an eyebrow. However, I was mostly kidding about telling you to stay away.

No, I am looking for someone with a local, experienced eye to give the car a once over before I fly out to perform a PPI and hand Scott a check.

Thanks for the offer of help though.
                        88 E30 M3 Hennarot

Comment

Cool. So, would you mind sharing the $$, either here or via email? [email protected]
                          1988 Lachssibler/Black

Comment

Cool. So, would you mind sharing the $$, either here or via email? [email protected]
                            Once the car is heading to VA, I wouldl be happy to. Until then, since the deal isn't sealed, I prefer to hold off.
                            88 E30 M3 Hennarot

Comment

Cool. Best of luck. It apprears to be a very nice car. Please do let me know once the transaction is complete.
                              1988 Lachssibler/Black

Comment

Working...
                              X