warning light reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning light reset?

after i got my oil changed yesterday, i am getting this "oil service" next to a yellow light on my dash below my speedo. i checked my levels, everything is fine. so i tried disconnecting my batt for a second, but i believe that board with the warning light has batteries of its own. how should i reset it?
    1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Open the SI canister, if you look very closely you will see small numbers next to each pin, take a small piece of wire and jump pins 7 & 19. Turn the key to the "on" position and wait about 5 seconds.

This works fine for me, obviously you should only try this if you're comfortable with it and at your own risk.

Comment

Id place a small resistance in that wire just in case. You can also add a small fuse for added piece of mind.

You can also go from pin 7 to any chassis ground as pin 19 is nothing more than a ground wire.

Its easy! I cannot believe people pay $50+ dollars for that stupid reset tool.

Comment

okay, so i just put the wire down into those two pins, get in my car and turn the key to on, and thats it? wow.. thanks for the pictures, those are really going to help when i do this after work.
        1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Working...
        X