Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bilstein part number

Hi

I want to upgrade the suspesion of my car.

Iīm thinking about bilstein shocks. I think that the "sprint" ones are hardest than "sport" ones.

Anyone know the part numbers?

Other recomendation?

Thank you very much and greets from Spain

Why not get Bilstein MSP shocks? Valving for the normal Bilstein shocks are basicly stock. The B8 is just shortened, but the damping is the same.

Comment

Iīm not fan of konis, many of my friends have it and i know how it works.

I'm think about of bilstein sprint with delagesport dumpers(eibach -3cm), in the future maybe.

I donīt know if in the e30 the bilstein sprint are hardest than sport. In other models itīs correct, for example Z M coupe.

Thanks for your opinion.

Comment

In the US, Bilstein "sprint" is an Economy damper and "Sport" has more damping.
        m

Comment

For US models replacing stock struts, can we use the sports with OEM springs?

I don't want to change the springs. I already have a harsh riding 320 with GC's. I think the M handles awesome stock.

Comment

In Europe itīs on the contrary.

The part numbers of the bilstein sport that i have are these:
            Front P36-0335
            Rear B36-2027

Anyone know the sprint's part number?

Thank you

Comment

Since we are talking Europe it's Sprint you already have.

Double check on Bilstein's own site if you doubt me. http://katalog.bilstein.de/

Edit:
              US Sport = EU sprint
              US HD = EU sport

That's why I prefer to use part number when discussing Bilstein on international sites.
              Last edited by Gstlund; 05-11-2006, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gstlund
                Since we are talking Europe it's Sprint you already have.

Double check on Bilstein's own site if you doubt me. http://katalog.bilstein.de/

Edit:
                US Sport = EU sprint
                US HD = EU sport

That's why I prefer to use part number when discussing Bilstein on international sites.
                Ok

Itīs curious that on the bilsteinīs website first goes B6 sport, and then goes B8 sprint with the part numbers... These part numbers coincide with 325i B8 sprint. Itīs a madness

CAn you say me the US HD part number?

Thank you very much

Comment

those numbers listed by artik are specified as B6 Sprint for the M3 by Bilstein, meaning they are virtually the same as OEM. The same numbers are listed as B8 Sprint for all other E30's (on standard suspension), meaning a slight "upgrade" towards firmer damping than stock.

These work fine with stock springs in any E30
                  Last edited by hardtailer; 05-11-2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

hardtailer, what you recomended to me? I use the for mountain and a little bit of circuit(1 or 2 times at year). Do you think that the oem suspesion(or equivalent b6) are soft?

Any idea of euro sprint part numbers or its behavior?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Artik
                      hardtailer, what you recomended to me? I use the for mountain and a little bit of circuit(1 or 2 times at year). Do you think that the oem suspesion(or equivalent b6) are soft?

Any idea of euro sprint part numbers or its behavior?

Thank you
                      Your use sounds like the user profile BMW M must have had in mind when they developed this car :-)

I dont think the original suspension of the M3 is that soft. It is complaint and modern BMWs are a lot firmer, they roll a lot less especially but I think it suits the car if its not an all our track car.
                      Compared to my stock M3 (on 225/45 R16) my 4-door 320is (on 205/55R15) is fitted with Eibach springs lowering the car by ~30mm (i.e. 15mm lower than the M3) and the Bilsteins listed above. I feel a difference in bump, nothing else. That gives you the impression that you get more feedback from the road surface but I doubt that it is any quicker than the stock suspension on an M3.

I take it you have the original suspension still in your car? You might want to consider getting new dampers from your BMW dealer and see how you like the handling then.

Part numbers: I only know the ones that have already been listed here. Check out the link to the catalogue and have a look yourself.
                      After that you could try www.bilstein.com and search for their motorsports applications catalogue. You'll find the group N dampers which are available for the E30 M3. I dont think they go too well with standard springs however. The softer setting maybe, but the 300/300 front with 200/200 rears definately not.
                      Last edited by hardtailer; 05-11-2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

The difference in valving between sport (P36-0136/B36-2028) and sprint (P36-0335/B36-2027) is very very small. I got this info from Bilstein's Swedish general agent/service center. The main difference is that the sprint's piston is 30 mm shorter.

For your type of driving the sprint's will be just fine. And, yes you have euro sprint.
                        Compare numbers between http://katalog.bilstein.de/ and http://www.bilstein.com/mistore/bind...pany_id=100484

I asked the service guy how stiff springs the sprint could handle. I memory serves me right he said that "up to 70-80 N/mm (front springs) should be ok".

Standard springs are ~20 N/mm and many lowering are about 40 N/mm. Search for spring rates, there has been written a lot about that.

Comment

Working...
                        X