10,000 miles M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000 miles M3

One of my local BMW dealers is hosting a huge party tomorrow, in honnor of the new M cars. I lent them my e30 M3 as well as my 2002 racecar. In a corner, there was a very nice, and even perfect Diamond Black M3. The car was literally showroom clean. It had... 16,000 Kms, or 10,000 miles. It was absolutely impressive. And then I had that thought: "Poor car, it has almost never been driven, perhaps only 1000Km per year". Then I was thinking that the owner must have felt more sinfull pride than pure pleasure of driving it.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
    1989 M3 racecar
    e39 Touring

10k, Sweet!

I found mine with 36,000 on the clock a couple years ago. It was a garage queen. Since then I've put 31,000 additional summer only miles on it. Woot!..you know who's enjoying it now. Doing maintenance on it is like working on a brand new car.

Alpha N is on the way...birthday present to myself:biotch:
    Photos

Comment

Hmmm...
      Anyone got a spare helicopter and straps?....
      should be easy if it's not in a bubble

m

Comment

Comment

We need proof ! Pics needed please. !

Comment

Pictures? Well, figure out a new M3 being delivered to the dealer in 1987. With plastic bags on seats and paper sheets on the floor. Just like a brand new car, it needs to be viewed in person. Any good car looks new on picture...

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
            1989 M3 racecar
            e39 Touring

Comment

Lee.... which dealership is this? Jalbert? I have heard that the M showing has been touring Canada. I am thinking of going, its too bad my M's still not pulled out of storage yet (wanted to do it this weakend but the weather has me rethinking that plan.)

Comment

It was at Canbec. The car will still be there on Friday.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                1989 M3 racecar
                e39 Touring

Comment

I know, I called to find out. I was planning on going at about 6pm and then something came up. Does not look good for today either and I think they already were at Jalbert earlier in the week. Was the e30 part of the tour or was someone asked to bring it in for just that one event?

Comment

I know, I called to find out. I was planning on going at about 6pm and then something came up. Does not look good for today either and I think they already were at Jalbert earlier in the week. Was the e30 part of the tour or was someone asked to bring it in for just that one event?

Comment

The e30 M3 belongs to the owner of the MINI dealership. Mr Lauzière. He also races a MINI in Touring class in Ontario. he is an enthusiast.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                      1989 M3 racecar
                      e39 Touring

Comment

There are quite many BMW dealership owners are enthusiatst. One time I was in McKenna BMW here in SoCal, in the shown room was the 95 M3 LTW with wet mud on the tires so I ask why. The answer was the owner raced it over the weekend.
                        Because anything worth doing is worth doing fanatically!
                        Born date 01/88
                        Ryan

Comment

There are tons of Pics of the bubble car floating all over the internet. I imagine it looks something like that. Although the "bubble car" was detailed and cleaned to a much higher standard than BMW's post production inspection.

Did this 10K car that you speak have still have cosmolene...... anywhere?

Sounds cool. I love the time capsule cars.

~Willy
                          1991 Brillantrot 45K miles

Comment

15 years after those car stopped being produced, it is kind like a tough decision to buy such car. The owner will probably put the car on a shelf a exhibit it like a museum piece. Driving it would make it loose it primary value. I suppose that it must be bought by an enthusiast who has other M3s to drive.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                            1989 M3 racecar
                            e39 Touring

Comment

I have to agree. The solution would be to buy a two M3's 1 as a collector/weekend car and the other to drive like it was designed to be driven.
                              Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X