Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st. Mod... J.C. Chip or Shift Kit?

Fellow Enthusiasts:

I'm trying to contemplate my first mod. I know I have to replace my control arms sometime before the winter but that's maintenance. I am looking to get either a Chip or a Rougue SS kit. After doing a driver's school and enjoying the hell out of it last month, I feel I have to start somewhere...

BTW... My car is FULLY STOCK, except a Sparco brace. I'll be removing my cracked fog lights and adding brake ducts in the future...

Send Ideas my way...

Thanks...

Richie
    '91 M3
    Richie
    In an Embassy Somewhere..

91 M3 - SOLD but not forgotten (to J.R. Nagy)
    03 Land Cruiser with the works
    06 Royal Enfield 350

Is your shifter buzzing yet? Does it feel sloppy to you? If so i'd start there, otherwise get the chip.
    Chris
    90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Cramer..

No, My shifter isn't buzzing yet. I just want it to feel a lot closer during the shifts. I sat in an M3 with a UUC kit and it felt great. The guy also had a home-made clutch stop. I plan on going to Lowe's this week to make one myself..

I've heard of some stories of S14's pinging after the Chip install. I'd hate to cause any problems right at 84K miles.

We'll see.. I have a week to decide..

Thanks,,

R..
      Richie

06 Royal Enfield 350

Comment

Id get the chip. Wait until your shifter wears out and get all you can out of this one.

Comment

GET THE CHIP! Is will smooth out the engine and give you a nice power increase.

The shifter really does nothing, but make the shifter shorter and add a little more effort, they are nice, but HP & maintaince is much more important.

Do not click
          At least it's German

Comment

Second for JC Chip. You will feel the power.
            sigpic

Comment

3rd for the jim c chip. youll really notice the difference. i didnt have my car for long before i swapped in the chip, but 4th gear had some pull afterward, and i am so sure it didnt before.

Comment

I'd get the chip, the buzziness of the shifter is something you'll get used to even if it does occur.
                sigpic

Comment

4th on the chip. after you install it, youll be asking yourself why you almost bought a short shift kit instead.
                  1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

get the sskit, save your money for a maf conversion and a stand alone engine management system.

*grunt* oh thats much better, now that i got that broom stick out of my ass. get the chip and use the best oil and fuel you can to prevent pinging. it shouldnt be a problem though. i actually bought my JC chip before i bought my car just cuz i knew i was going to get an m3 and the chip, and i just hadnt found the right m3 yet.

looks better than it runs :/

Comment

Thanks CHIP it is..

Ordered... Should be here by the weekend..

Thanks for the info..

Richie
                      Richie

06 Royal Enfield 350

Comment

JC chip

Comment

Working...
                        X