Best Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Exhaust

I need a new exhaust from the cats back. My current muffler seems to be rusting from the inside out, which has cause the two pipes leading into the muffler box to break away from the muffler. This has lead to a crooked and rattling exhaust.

My question is... what is the best exhaust alternative out there for me? My car is a mostly stock 2.3 with a stock exhaust. I want the same twin exhaust appearance but would like to upgrade to a better looking and sounding system? I just need the muffler section. Any ideas or input? I tried searching but came up with very little. Thanks in advance for any input!
    Ryan

Search.

Comment

The main page of this site has a link to audio / video of a few of the more popular exhausts...would be a good starting point...

Edit: the link is

but it appears down at the moment...
      Last edited by pt///m3; 06-06-2006, 07:50 AM.

Comment

yeah that part of the site has been down for the past few days at least. I was more interested in getting some feedback from those who have had experience with aftermarket cat back systems. For example, I was looking at the stainless Borla cat back system. It seems pricey and I was wondering if anyone on this site had any experience with this particular exhaust. Thanks

Comment

as stated before....search.

Comment

Jeez....you search guys are harsh.

be nice and help the guy out.

SEARCH PLEASE.

(i was nice... i said please)

Comment

Yeah, I'll agree a search would be key...

a few topics you may want to check out...

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

Perhaps the above will help you get what you need....

Comment

Stromung Exhaust

I've seen and driven a few and like the sound. Great for a 2.3l and is not too loud when cruising.

SBI carries them http://www.sbibmw.com
                Pat

Comment

VSR 1 Center Section with Borla Muffler is what I have and love it.

You could just get the Borla Muffler.
                  Last edited by JohnnyP; 06-06-2006, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I have the vsr center section with stromung muffler. It sounds GREAT!
                    88M3 henna

73T100C
                    97 540\6-Gone
                    2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

Thanks guys for your responses. I am leaning towards the stainless Borla cat-back. Does anyone recommend a particular vendor for this piece? Thanks

Comment

I got mine from Turner Motorsports. But I don't know if they are the cheapest. You might want to shop around.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin
                          as stated before....search.
                          The guy is clearly quite new so rather than just flaming him and saying 'search' all the time why not suggest he searches in the future but give him a steer??

Simple manners!

Comment

used exhausts also come up from time to time on here, ebay and other spots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Borla is kinda loud, which is good for me, but may not be for others
                            REGISTER YOU M CAR IN THE M REGISTRY TO HELP TRACK ALL THE REMAINING E30 M3s
                            http://www.bmwmregistry.com/registry.php

Comment

I have a Miltek! I dont know the regs over in the states regarding cats but the Miltek does away with the cat and it feels so much revvier! There is also the supersprint which seems a popular choice with the guys in the UK

Comment

Working...
                              X