vacuum line after #4 throttle bodie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum line after #4 throttle bodie

what does that little guy do? I noticed that mine was loose, I could actually just pull it off very easily, so what is used to keep it sinched down tight? I didn't take the time to source the hose, but I think it goes to the air/oil seperator (it is the hose that runs behind the air plenum with a rubber clamp to support the hose bolted to the back side of the air plenum. I'll take a picture tommorrow of it when it's day-light

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
    they are not idiots.

That's the vacuum line for the brake booster. It only comes press fitted from the factory. You certainly want to secure the fitting with silicone or JB weld to make sure it doesn't pop out on ya one day. Could lean out the engine and disable ur power brakes while driving.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    89 M3 - SEPANG BRONZE/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

I have been trying to trace down what I felt was a possible brake related problem and you have just helped me out. After hard driving once in a while I would get what I felt was a very slight hard pedal. It would happen one out of every hard 10 drives. Guess what I have the same loose connection. It also creates small low end stumble upon coming off a high RPM run. The actual fitting that presses into the manifold is a little loose and my hose is definetly loose. It does appear to have been held on by something at one time?? Do the manifold fittings just press in?? I am ordering new hose but a hose clamp for now has ended a frustrating search in th wrong direction. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.I. M3
        I have been trying to trace down what I felt was a possible brake related problem and you have just helped me out. After hard driving once in a while I would get what I felt was a very slight hard pedal. It would happen one out of every hard 10 drives. Guess what I have the same loose connection. It also creates small low end stumble upon coming off a high RPM run. The actual fitting that presses into the manifold is a little loose and my hose is definetly loose. It does appear to have been held on by something at one time?? Do the manifold fittings just press in?? I am ordering new hose but a hose clamp for now has ended a frustrating search in th wrong direction. Thanks!!!
        That loose hose would explain both symptoms. You can hold the plug in place with gasket sealant for now. Most people end up putting a small set screw in to fix the problem.

Comment

used a little silicone on that fitting and the fitting on the front of the airbox, let it sit in wonderful fresno sun for a couple of hours and now neither fitting will budge.

also did I mention that my car is finally running

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
          they are not idiots.

Comment

Eric:
            Glad to see your car runnning! Now that things are driveable....
            You gonna make it to Bayareamotorsports event this year? Very cool drive down to Tiburon where we have a huge E30 M3 meet (30-40 cars). There is a nice BBQ too, so if you come bring something to eat.
            All you need to pay is the park entrance (about $7).
            Hope to see ya there!

Here is the event site
            http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/bam32003.html

Oh, Im not part of the event, just someone who thinks its a great time for M3 owners!
            Last edited by wookie1976; 08-16-2003, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
              used a little silicone on that fitting and the fitting on the front of the airbox, let it sit in wonderful fresno sun for a couple of hours and now neither fitting will budge.

also did I mention that my car is finally running
              People recommend using a screw for the fitting on the plenum but it's cool as long as it doesn't come out. So what was the problem with your car?

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
              89 M3 - SEPANG BRONZE/SCHWARZ
              91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Working...
              X