Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

harness bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harness bar

Is there a harness bar available for the E30M?
    I have a year old simpson 6pt race harness that I want to install in the car but the shoulder straps are too short to reach the bottom center bolt for the rear seat belt anchors. Plus, the center bolt is offset as well.
    By harness bar, I mean one that bolts to the left and right B-pillars behind the front seats. You wrap the shoulder straps around the bar.
    For now, I've had to settle on a 3pt TRW 2" which barely reaches the rear attachment point.
    m.

I believe AutoPower sells them....

Comment

does anybody have pics?

Comment

Maybe I should have one made locally. I'm not planning to install a 1/2 cage as low enforcement are profiling all the street racers in this area (I only do track events). I figure I could have one fabbed that bolts to the two stock belt pivots on the B pillars.
        m.

Comment

harness bars are ok for auto xing but honestly i wouldent go to the track with one, harness's scare me when i dont have a roll bar over me personaly id do the roll cage i have the harness bar i/o port sells and stable-energies.com sells and its a nice peice

Shes sold now :(

Comment

I have a 4pt Stainless Steel one in my car, it is made by Speedware Motorsports. It's really nice that is bolts to the floor and the B pillers. It;s also swept back so I can move my seat around. It stiffened up the car a bit to.

I paid like $550 for it, so it's not cheap.

Do not click
            At least it's German

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
              I have a 4pt Stainless Steel one in my car, it is made by Speedware Motorsports. It's really nice that is bolts to the floor and the B pillers. It;s also swept back so I can move my seat around. It stiffened up the car a bit to.

I paid like $550 for it, so it's not cheap.
              Sounds tasty! Have any pics of this bar??? Wish you went with a bolt in cage instead?

Comment

Originally posted by wookie1976
                Sounds tasty! Have any pics of this bar??? Wish you went with a bolt in cage instead?
                It looks like this...
                Bar on WRX

I am really happy with it, however the back seat is hard to get into now. Also I don't put to much into the "never run a harness bar" thing. Our cars have a internal roll bar and the bonded glass helps out. The biggest thing is since you have the harness in, you have a LOT more control over the car and this lets you drive the car insted of tring to hold your self in. I gained at least 10sec a lap with mine! I noticed that after a track day I was no longer sore! My legs and arms/sholders are fresh, not killing me with my death grip on the steerign wheel and deg leg for pushing it intot he floor to keep my ass in the seat.

Do not click
                At least it's German

Comment

Working...
                X