"repainting" black chrome trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "repainting" black chrome trim

The factory finish isn't paint is it? Has anyone ever re-finished their trim? What did you use? Do automotive paint manufacturers make a product specifically for this task?.

Thanks,

kroberts

www.bavauto.com get a product called Forever Black. Apply it in the shade on a cool surface. Will return that like new look to your trim.

Comment

If it's too far gone then Wurth has a black trim spray in a can. Also available thru BavAuto

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

I used Krylon fusion for plastic. Satin black color.

My vents below the windshield were a dull grey.
        Photos

Comment

SEM is the best trim paint I have come across
          REGISTER YOU M CAR IN THE M REGISTRY TO HELP TRACK ALL THE REMAINING E30 M3s
          http://www.bmwmregistry.com/registry.php

Comment

SEM trim paint for the metal black moldings around the windows. Forever Black for the plastic vent grills in the cowl below the front windshield.

The SEM paint is 99% an exact match for the factory paint on the metal pieces. For oxidized plastic (like the vent pieces), liberally coat them with the Forever Black. My vents were very gray, so I pulled them off the car and cleaned them up. I then poured the Forever Black into a small container and used a small paintbrush to get inside all of the crevices in the vents. After about 3 or 4 applications, the vents still look like new-and that was done last November.
            Eric Giles
            '07 X5 4.8i
            '01 325i
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X