25mm master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25mm master cylinder

I'm installing this next week. Is there anything that I should look out for?

its basicly like doing a brake job, except you need to drain the fluid and rip out the MC
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Remember to bench bleed the MC prior to install.

You may want to get the booster/MC seal before you do this job. Nothing worse than loss of vac because of a $2 part.

Comment

my mc just came in today, are the seals the 2 little black rubber things on the master cylinder?

Comment

Negative!

Those are the seals for the reservoir.

It will be a single seal where the MC and the booster mate up.

You will not be able to see it until you remove MC from booster.

Comment

Is there a part number? What should I ask for when I go to the part store?

Comment

Sorry but I do not have that # handy.

I have always found Maximillian Importing or Bavarian Autosport to be helpful on these types of items.

9 outa 10 times it is fine but if it happens to get damaged during installation or removal you are parked until it arrives ya know.

Comment

I'll just go to the dealer to get one, I don't want to pay shipping for a $2 part.

Comment

I just went to the parts place and now I'm confused. Should I get the seal for an E30 or from a 740?

Comment

I finally installed the kit. What you're going to need to do this right is a 11mm flare nut wrench, otherwise you're going to strip the brake like nut. I did end up stripping one of them, but fortunatly, I was stupid and I was trying to loosen the wrong one.

Also the line that I got from Bimmerworld wasn't bent the way it was supposed to be, I bend it myself to get it to fit.

Other than that, it works really nice, it feels really good!!! My brakes have never felt better!!

Comment

Working...
                    X