Custom Heat-Shield Set-Up and Exhaust Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Heat-Shield Set-Up and Exhaust Pics

Not the cleanest cut job but it came out good....

Here is the mesh cut for the high-beam headlight.. There is ducting behind the mesh, which goes right to the cone filter.

Here is a pic with the grills on...

Here is a pic of the custom heat-shield... As you can see the ducting that comes from the high-beam right onto the cone filter...

Here is another view of the heat-shield.... It completly wraps around the cone filter....

I also did some ducting for the radiator....I haven't tested it above 60mph but it seems to be a tad lower on the gauge...

More to come:
    TMS Brake Ducting/Cooling Kit
    SPA Digital RPM Gauge/Shift Light (Thanks Vodo for the idea)

exhaust photos

Exhaust... 3" S.S straight pipes to a Borla muffler and a custom tip...

Under the car....

Exhaust tip....

Under the car full system...
    Last edited by Bavarian3; 08-16-2003, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I'm diggin the exhaust. Is it a borla street muffler or race? Or I guess its just a non e30 version with single outlet?

Comment

It's a Borla Race Muffler-3" in and 3" out.They sell for about $200.
        We decided to go with a single 3" system with a Y-Pipe from the headers back-with straight thru 3" SS pipes to the Borla rather than the twin pipes with X-Pipe.
        Mel Abrahams
        Abrahams Motorsport
        www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
        Direct contact:mel@abrahamsmotorsport.com

Comment

Just to let you know, I dyoned a CAI with the EVO box/K&N back to back and they made the exect same power, but with the evo box, the throttle responce was better and the car was smoother. FWIW.

The exhaust looks sweet!

Do not click
          At least it's German

Comment

How loud is it? I have heard 3" systems tend to be loud. With a race muffler and no cats....I was wondering about the noise level.

Comment

Very loud but as this will be a track car mostly-the noise is not a problem.Just got to keep ones eyes open for cops when driving in town.
              Mel Abrahams
              Abrahams Motorsport

Comment

I have my headlight removed just like that, but I used a different material that is smaller guaged wiring. this also makes it flimsy if i did not install it tightly, or many many bugs hit it after 2 years of abuse. this makes me think that the material you used is stronger from bug poundings and other random flying objects. Is that a home depot Item that you cut down to size, if not where did you get it?

here is mine

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                they are not idiots.

Comment

Actually Mike bought it at Lowe's.
                  It's Gutter Guard-sold in strips-they keep leaves out of your gutters.
                  Mel Abrahams
                  Abrahams Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                  X