Cabin Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Filter

I did a search and it seems that nobody ever did or talked about this. Do you guys know if it's hard to do? Where is it at? Is it in the passenger side next to the glove box?

I don' think we have one
    STAN IN SARASOTA

Comment

Some cars do have it, to access it you need to drop parts of the upper dash where the glove box is.

Andrew

[email protected] | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

Comment

Originally posted by SALTYKRACKER
        I don' think we have one
        Are you serious? I bought one thinking it needs to be change. Why would they sell it specifically for our cars if we don't have it?

Comment

Only few E30's have one. In that case you should be able to remove a cover of the heating unit at the passengers side. See some screws there? The cover was marked originally by a round sticker mentioning the interior filter.

To replace it you have to remove the glovebox and the plastic cover that's bolted to the center console.

Most A/C cars strangely DON'T have one.
          Rgds,
          Jeroen

Stealth M3

Comment

Since you're in the States and all US M3's came with A/C, I will guess that you don't have one.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
            85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
            91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
              Since you're in the States and all US M3's came with A/C, I will guess that you don't have one.
              Bumping an old thread, I know.

Without a microfilter, does our A/C air undergo any "processing / filtration / whatever" before it enters the cabin?
              Motorsport 16v

Comment

No
                GraemeD

Comment

I took out my A/C, heater, vent tubing, blower, etc. a few weeks ago. What I found was that everything was coated with a layer of hard dirty dust that seems to have been sitting there for ages. I am happy to have removed all of this, as I don't think that it is very healthy to be inhaling air that travels through this dirty 20 year old system. I prefer to open the windows.

I suppose that one could replace the blower and clean all of the air vent tubes and other parts behind the dash through which the air travels, but that would be very time consuming and pretty expensive.

Cheers, Daniel.
                  - 1987 M3 (e30)
                  -- BeastPower Motorsports: www.beastpower.com
                  - -Eisenmann Exhaust Systems: www.eisenmann.us

Comment

most detail shops can clean out the ventilation system, they use compressed air and some cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougy Fresh View Post
                      most detail shops can clean out the ventilation system, they use compressed air and some cleaner.
                      That does seem like a good idea, and is worth trying. However, the amount of gunk I found in my system, in conjunction with the very dirty blower blades and the crumbling insulation, it just doesn't seem like it could really be cleaned sufficiently well.

Cheers, Daniel.
                      - 1987 M3 (e30)
                      -- BeastPower Motorsports: www.beastpower.com
                      - -Eisenmann Exhaust Systems: www.eisenmann.us

Comment

Working...
                      X