Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such thing as lightweight motorsport replicas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such thing as lightweight motorsport replicas?

or am i asking too much? Where can you get them? Thanks in advance-Hugh

whats a "motorsport"? and why you would you want a lightweight replica of one? :2:
    1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

because then it wouldnt be heavy. I just thought i remembered there being a thread on some forum about lightweight BMW M wheels.

Comment

lightweight?

Usually, a lightweight is a car with no equippement like leather, radio, electric stuff. Just like the Mitsu EVO's, you can get the RS edition wich is 200 kg lighter.

I really dont know if BMW has done some M3 lightweight(or Motorsport). My own M3 was pulled out of the factory line as an empty shell and was hand build with group N specs, so it could be considered as a lightweight.2470lbs w/o driver and a full tank of fuel.
        Drevaen

Comment

Yes, they make replica's of the LTW wheels..

However, they aren't forged,and probably aren't very light weight..

They can be had for a decent cost...Check ebay..

First post

Comment

Re: lightweight?

Originally posted by Drevaen
            Usually, a lightweight is a car with no equippement like leather, radio, electric stuff. Just like the Mitsu EVO's, you can get the RS edition wich is 200 kg lighter.

I really dont know if BMW has done some M3 lightweight(or Motorsport). My own M3 was pulled out of the factory line as an empty shell and was hand build with group N specs, so it could be considered as a lightweight.2470lbs w/o driver and a full tank of fuel.
            Im talkin bout lightweight wheels

Comment

Re: Re: lightweight?

Originally posted by Diplomat
              Im talkin bout lightweight wheels
              I am assuming you are talking about E36 lightweight wheels.
              The replicas do not say "BMW MOTORSPORTS", they only say "motorsports."

And the real ones are forged, not sure on the replicas, but probably cast

Hope this helps

elefantsupply.com

Comment

Working...
              X