not passing DEQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not passing DEQ

I can not seem to pass deq with my m3. I have taken it to my mechanic and they tell me that I need a new cat. I just replaced the cat about two years ago and it cost me a fortune so I am hoping it is not this. I do have a turner chip in the vehicle. Some one mentioned that by replacing with the stock chip it should help meet the clean air specs.

If you need a new cat so soon, you may be running to rich and buring it out.

It would help if you told us why you did not pass.

First thing....
    Do a insp II, and make sure they do a Tb synce after the vavle adjustment and set base idle and CO.

Then when you go to get the test done, drive tha car around HARD< and make sure it's really nice and HOT, do a few redline runs.

I pass with out a cat and a modded 2.5, why? m car is all in tune.

Do not click
    At least it's German

Comment

If you still want to keep the cats, look into highflow cats by magnaflow..

Only $125 a piece, too.

http://evosport.com/product/exhaust/...mw.html#mf_cat

Comment

I didnt pass portland deq for a few tries. warming it up didnt help at all. I had it checked by that place on sandy and they got it down a little bit. In the end I just adjusted my afm a click and it passed with flying colors. Make sure you know what youre doing though you could make your engine too lean or rich.

Comment

Working...
        X