Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to buy indavidual trumpet filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy indavidual trumpet filters?

where to buy indavidual trumpet filters? as in, if i where to run open trumpet intake, where would i order the ITG filters from? and how much?
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

You will be running Alpha-N? One thing to consider is that you will need to place the airtemp and MAP sensors somewhere where they will be useful if you want to use them for correction. Air temp shouldn't be a problem (just put it right next to the filter), but if you are using a MAP sensor it needs to be located where it can obtain accurate and stable readings.

For finding the filters you might see if you can look through K&N or Amsoil air filter catalogs and just try and find 4 cone filters that are the proper size. They come in many different sizes and applications.. The only problem with such a setup is that you will be drawing in very hot air.. You also dont have very much in the way of resonance tuning without any sortof plenum. Regardless, I'd be very interested to see how it turns out! I'd bet your throttle response would be nice too
    Jeff J.
    1990 E30 M3

Comment

I'm assuming you could buy them from ITG? I would contact somebody like Ireland Engenering that runs individual weber side drafts on 02 engines.

or you could find some V8 people who run them.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
      they are not idiots.

Comment

I've read anecdotal evidence that suggests (on other ITB cars) that the better path for power is to use a filter before the plenum. Velocity stacks/trumpets work best when the air can flow unimpeded around the bell mouth. The theory is that air on the outer edge is accelerated and entrains the central column of air.

It also has the advantage of making filter changes easier.

Comment

im not running alpha n. its a diffrent setup. the open trumpet setup is one of the options we are gonna try.

i look at ITG's web page. i couldnt find anything. Tommarow i will call Ireland.

The air temp we already have a spot for. the MAP isnt being used from the air plenum anyway. its comming from the tops of the TB's. the ecu is running of the TPS. so im not loosing anything from the plenum. im thinking of putting a pipe from next to the radiator to just outlet infront of the TB's just to get a bit of cooler air into the motor.

anyway, its all trial and error. ill have my car home this wekend with the setup and ill go out and dyno it.
          "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan

Comment

What engine management are you using? If you are basing load off of throttle only, then you are running alpha-n. That is what the term alpha-n means. Unless you are somehow directly metering the airflow through a MAF or something?

Very interesting, please keep us posted on how it goes..
            Jeff J.
            1990 E30 M3

Comment

Originally posted by mrsha007
              iwhere to buy indavidual trumpet filters?
              I am an inDAVIDual trumpet! Blow me! Joke!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff J.
                What engine management are you using? If you are basing load off of throttle only, then you are running alpha-n. That is what the term alpha-n means. Unless you are somehow directly metering the airflow through a MAF or something?

Very interesting, please keep us posted on how it goes..
                im gonna be running link, but it only need ar temp, tps, and MAP from the TB's to run, so the air plenum isnt needed much. its jsut something im trying for now.

Comment

Try TWM induction. They're in Camarillo I believe...or somewhere in Ventura County.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                  85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                  91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

i looked them up already, but nothing on the site. i guess i got to call.

thanks barry.

Comment

Working...
                    X