1988 30k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 30k miles

My friends dad has a friend hes a old man who owns a 1988 E30 M3. He would sell it to me for $16k. I now it has around 30k orginal miles on it, its in perfect condition. It also has a clean title. He doenst drive it to often it just sits in his garage. I know he still has the orginal tires on it and has no rust. So how much do u guys think its worth if I were to buy it and sell it?

Assuming the seals and rubber isn't shot to hell and the fluids aren't 18 years old you could ask for mid to upper twenties and expect to get low twenties for it.

Personally, mileage means nothing to me if the condition can't back it up.

Comment

The miles are great but if it was just sitting that could be bad. If it has been started and driven regulary the car would be a steal at 16k. I think these cars may be getting to the point where it would be wise to buy a few and store hem for a later sale.

Tyler
      http://www.europeanplates.com S14.net 10% Code: s14

http://www.europeanplates.net Build and Preview plates

Comment

Originally posted by Audio4u
        The miles are great but if it was just sitting that could be bad. If it has been started and driven regulary the car would be a steal at 16k. I think these cars may be getting to the point where it would be wise to buy a few and store hem for a later sale.

Tyler
        The owner of the M3s son maintains the car. So I'm pretty sure everything is up to date on maintence.

Comment

it will be more than $16K for sure. you can get probably $20K for an all original car in good condition. If the car hasn't been driven for a while you might even be better off taking to the right person and spending about 1K or 2K to replace anything that needs to be replaced and then the selling price for the car will probaly go up even higher. Parts go bad with time even if they are just sitting.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

like they all said. if its immaculate, been maintained and the rubber is good $16k is a no brainer.

DO IT. but if you are looking to flip it for a profit i would not recommend driving it......

better yet. buy it. drive it enthusiastically around some nice empty twisities...... and enjoy.
            Last edited by S14addict; 08-01-2006, 01:16 PM.
            Manager's reply upon my exiting a customer's E30 M3 after moving: "Hey your zipper's down!"
            Mine: "Holy crap, its not what it looks like!!"

Comment

I sold an 88 with 26K for 26K so that should give you an idea. The car was close to perfect condition. I now have a 90 with a little more miles but I like it a lot more. It seems these low mileage cars never get broken in properly.

Comment

Originally posted by eastsideM3
                I sold an 88 with 26K for 26K so that should give you an idea. The car was close to perfect condition. I now have a 90 with a little more miles but I like it a lot more. It seems these low mileage cars never get broken in properly.
                isn't it the same car except for the airbag and non popup windows and aluminum control arms ? How can you like 90 a lot more than the 88 ? Just curious

Comment

I def. think it worth it.
                  In the other months issue of Round there was an 88 w/ 67k asking $17k in very good condition.Amost went and looked at it but never called the guy.

What color is it?
                  Pinto

Comment

If you don't want the car it's definately easy to flip and put cash in your pocket.

I know I'm bragging and some of my friends still don't believe me. I bought my 88 for around 7500 dollars. It had 36,000 miles on it. Everyone told me to flip it for cash, but I've always wanted one. Kept it and now has 70,000 miles on it. Still smiling too.

I'd ask upper 20s btw.
                    Photos

Comment

Originally posted by vlad
                      isn't it the same car except for the airbag and non popup windows and aluminum control arms ? How can you like 90 a lot more than the 88 ? Just curious
                      Probably because he gets to drive it more and enjoy it more.

Rey
                      "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Originally posted by vlad
                        Like I said it has more miles so it seems to be broken in a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by PINTO
                          I def. think it worth it.
                          In the other months issue of Round there was an 88 w/ 67k asking $17k in very good condition.Amost went and looked at it but never called the guy.

What color is it?
                          The M3 is red and know realy knows its for sale. I was talking to the son hes about 35 years old, and we started talkin about M3's. He said his dad bought it new in 1988 and He doesnt realy drive it to often. His son said he would sell for $16k to me. His dad was the original owner.

Comment

just get it inspected, then buy the car if everything is good.:idea:
                            :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

Ill buy it and give you a nice finders fee. :cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X