shooting flames ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shooting flames ???

the guy i work with was behind me yesterday and said that he thinks that he saw a flame out the back of my car. i know my car is running a little rich. he saw the flame after 5 mins of running time right before i got gas. also i just got 295 miles to this past tank.
    I miss my ///M3

flaming tail pipes Batman!

Someone told me the same - we were racing through the alps at night and I think it was on the overrun - so I reckoned it was normal on a fairly high tuned engine.

Plus, my car doesn't have the standard exhaust (or body!) and I thought this might have an effect.

It's also bloody cool!

Nick Vyse
    M2 Touring
    (s14 powered 2002)

Comment

If you're shooting flames, I'd think you don't have a cat.

How the crap did you get 295 miles out of that tank?

Comment

yeah i think the cat is blown out. i have no idea how i got that many miles out of a tank. should i be concerned with an increase in miles per tank. when i first bought it, i would get @ 200-250. then 250-275 and now almost 300 per tank. i worry about the car a lot and FEAR a costly repair that i wont be able to afford then having to give my dream up.

kramer
        I miss my ///M3

Comment

Maybe you're getting better gas milege because your cat is out? Have you been going to the same gas station and getting the same quality of gasoline? Have you been driving a lot more on the highway? The farthest I think I've gone in my car is around 275 but the computer was telling me that I had absolutly no gas left in the tank.

Comment

i always do highway driving. 60 miles a day to work and back home and on wednesdays i have class in philly so thats 120 miles on wednesdays. i always go to the same station but this round i filled up at Robo Joes my first time there but it was 93 octain. i ususally go to Exxon. who knows.

thanks
            kramer
            I miss my ///M3

Comment

Working...
            X