Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M3 head with third sensor on coolant rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 head with third sensor on coolant rail?

Is this an early head with fan switch on coolant rail?

thought there was something different about it

That third switch looks like what I want to do. That switch is probably for a water temp gauge inside the car.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
    1989 M3 racecar
    e39 Touring

Comment

Do you mean you want to trip a warning light with it?

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer
        Do you mean you want to trip a warning light with it?
        Not a warning light, simply another water temp gauge.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
        1989 M3 racecar
        e39 Touring

Comment

that will be hard with a switch, but I take it you'll use a temp sender/sensor for it.
          Personally I see more of a benefit in a warning light than in an additional temp gauge, even if that shows a numeric value. Its like oil pressure, I dont need to know what it is exactly I just need to know when it is about to go wrong so I can react before damage is done.

Comment

I just thought it looked "Factory" as opposed to an aftermarket job. A very clean install if it is the latter.
            I would have thought a warning light would also be a good idea as opposed to another water temp guage.

P.S. "Hardtailer" Have you still got your 320is or did you get rid of that?

Comment

I still got it. Both actually, a 4-door and a 2-door 'track rat' with a blown engine that has been sitting for the past year. Finally got hold of a sound S14B20 that I will put in there over winter.

Comment

That looks to me like a pressure sensor on the rail.
                If so, nice idea, but I don't think that photo is honest.

m

Comment

That rail looks DTM motorsport to me not an early one.

Andrew

[email protected] | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

Comment

ive never seen this before, but after seeing this im going to add two more sensors to my coolent rail for a temp gauge and a fan switch

Comment

Originally posted by ///meric
                      ive never seen this before, but after seeing this im going to add two more sensors to my coolent rail for a temp gauge and a fan switch
                      What use is that? You already have a temp gauge and you can fit a temp switch for an aux fan either in the thermostat housing or in the bottom of the radiator (in that case youll need a switch that switches at 10C lower temps (81C-88C)

Comment

Working...
                      X