Factory Aluminum/Leather Shift Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Aluminum/Leather Shift Knob

I replaced the worn out shift knob in my e36 with the factory leather/aluminum knob. I really like the feel of it and weight. It is noticeably heavier than the standard leather ergo knob (not as heavy as a straight billet knob however), and is also a good deal shorter. A few people have talked about this knob before but few have taken pictures of it. I know this is on an e36, but I am planning on putting on one my e30 here soon to replace the rare illuminated one I have on the car currently. That said, i think this is applicable to the e30 community.

Pic of how much taller it is in direct comparison - the difference is slightly amplified/distorted by the fact that AL knob is sitting physically lower than the ergo.

Pic of standard ergo knob height

Pic of AL knob height

The finished product

Hopefully this will answer the question of what the knob looks like if people who have heard of it or are wondering. I had no idea this part even existed until about 2 months ago, maybe it is old news.

Cheers
    1990 e30 m3

factory e36 knob is good looking! How much are you selling the illuminated one for?

Comment

Man Crotch!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

thank you magnus. I was waiting for someone to point that out!

Comment

That is a good looking knob. I prefer taller ones though as the knob is closer to the wheel and the shift effort is a bit less. Good find though.

Comment

"That is a good looking knob."

You know we can insert a joke with what you said.. esp since there is a picture of Ted's mandingo as well..

But since this is S14.net.... we won't..

Yes I knew about it...

Comment

I've been watching this thread...And Frankly, I've been disappointed at the lack of , er, manhood repartee. :hee:

m

Comment

What Knob is that? It would look good in my Convertible! Im liking the knob! But not in that way :lol:
                Wanted, Plastic E36 M3 cam cover from the USA

Comment

Originally posted by CourtM3
                  factory e36 knob is good looking! How much are you selling the illuminated one for?
                  i'm not selling it, just saving it for shows and the like
                  1990 e30 m3

Comment

Don't act like you're not impressed with the crotch shot fella's...

This is what i get for being impatient and changing the knobs in the dealer parking lot after picking up the new one
                    1990 e30 m3

Comment

Not work safe...hahaha.

Rey
                      "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Part number for the alum knob??
                        Steve
                        "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Comment

I just got that knob for my e34 except the middle is wood for $15 from a breaker Same aluminum shift pattern and lower ring. Can you take a shot of it in Miss Louis Vuitton's crotch?
                          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Do you feel you can still shift quickly with the weighted knob?
                            What is the feel....your feedback is appreciated.
                            Last edited by kevnj; 07-28-2008, 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Slick shift knob man. I'm kind of impartial to the MOMO ones though.
                              Fully Restored 1985 Corolla GT-S
                              1987 328ci SR20DET Drift Car (Will Convert to M3 Spec soon)
                              1989 Honda Civic Si-R Current Project
                              2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

www.TheTunerSource.com

Comment

Working...
                              X