What cams are best to upgrade to??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cams are best to upgrade to??

I've got a euro 2.3 s14 and want to upgrade the cams. However, I also only want to do this once - so in the future when my wallet permits and I get the 2.5 bottom end they won't need changing again for optimum performance.

I've read a lot of stuff over on Road Fly, but never really got my definitive answer. So do I go for EVO III cams, shrick, or am I better waiting until I can afford the stroker at the same time?

BTW - whatever happens it'll probably be in conjunction with the MOTEC management system.

Nick Vyse
    M2 Touring
    (s14 powered 2002)

a good variant for the 2,3l s14 is 284/276.

if you want to take them later for a 2,5l s14, better use 284/284 or 290/290. itīs still driveable and makes fun.

what engine do you have? puting the 215 hp cyl. head on a 2,5l block is ok, but if you put a 195 hp head on it you would not have much fun.

take some cams, 200 hp non-cat ex-manifold, exhaust (eisenmann for example) a chip and enjoy the ride.

the cams at s14-shop are schrick-like, but s14-optimized.

regards

daniel

bmwM3shop.de

Comment

Difference in heads?

I've currently got the euro 200bhp engine (and head) - does the 215bhp head you mention have better porting to match the 48mm throttle bodies? What are the other differences? Can the standard heads be economically upgraded?

Thanks for your cam info. Nick
      Nick Vyse
      M2 Touring
      (s14 powered 2002)

Comment

hey nick,

yes, of course. at the 195/200 hp cyl. head fits only the 46mm throttle bodies. the 215/220/sport evo head got bigger admittance (i donīt know, if itīs the right word) channels (28mm). so, at this head fits the 48mm throttle bodies. the 195/200 hp head got 248/248 camshafts, the 215 hp head got 264/248 camshafts.

the ex-manifold from the 200 hp engine is the best you can get, so keep it.

if you need a 215 hp head, you can have mine. itīs just the complete head, but without dme and throttle bodies.

regards

daniel

bmwM3shop.de

Comment

Working...
        X