Sunroof maintenence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof maintenence?

Are you suppose to grease or oil the runners or moving parts at all? Mine gets stuck half way through the tilt bit cycle and I have to push it up gently at the back while pressing the button or it won't fully open. Seems to slide ok, but i very rarely if ever open it that way as it scratches the paint.
    "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

I know this dosen't answer your question but there is a DIY article here on how to align the sunroof. At least it will give you an idea on how to disassemble the roof to get at the guides.
    -Mick

Comment

Does anyone else have any ideas on this subject? My sunroof seems to have the same problem not opening fully without pushing it up the last little bit.

Comment

You use a heavy silicone spray on everything, that will make it happy and keep on working.

Do not click
        At least it's German

Comment

since I have installed a roll bar, my sunroof has not been happy, is the motor located aft of the sunroof, or in-between the sunroof and windshield? It seams to struggle getting into tilt position, then struggle back into closed position. I haven't dared pull it back into open, afraid that it might get stuck.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
          they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
            since I have installed a roll bar, my sunroof has not been happy, is the motor located aft of the sunroof, or in-between the sunroof and windshield? It seams to struggle getting into tilt position, then struggle back into closed position. I haven't dared pull it back into open, afraid that it might get stuck.
            The motor is in the center right about the check panle, there is a little plastic cover that you can remove.

Do not click
            At least it's German

Comment

I thought so, thanks

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
              they are not idiots.

Comment

Working...
              X