header coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header coating

I have a 50/50 header sitting here and wanted to see the response to having it coated. Are there real world advantages to doing this? The new motor is going to produce more power so there is going to be more heat. Any reduction of the under hood temps I would think are ideal.

T

I had a header coated by these guys:

http://www.swaintech.com/race.html

I measured the underhood temps a loooong time back to compare after a session on the track between 2 M3's, one coated, one stock. The difference was pretty significant...don't quote me on the numbers, but I think it was something like low 200 deg for the coated and high 200s for the non coated (I am pretty sure it was a good 75+ deg difference)

Nick

Comment

Coating definitely helps. A popular one is Jet-hot, you can also use header wrap (itís like a thick canvas with fiberglass impregnated in it) itís been quite effective for me and gives a race look that never hurts.
      Steve
      "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Comment

FWIW, I had my header coated by Swain Tech and was happy with their service as well. I don't have any before and after readings though.

Comment

IIRC Swaintech coats the headers for Porsche MS.

Mike

Comment

im getting swaintech on mine, a friend has jetthot and i wasent impressed

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Working...
            X