Alignment specs for E30 M3 track car wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment specs for E30 M3 track car wanted

Anyone out there have experience with ideal alignment specs for an E30 M3 Track car?
    Had mine checked today and these are the readings:

Front: Left: Right:
    Camber -2.5 Deg -2.0 Deg
    Cross Camber -.05 Deg
    Caster 8.9 Deg 8.5 Deg
    Cross Caster .04 Deg
    Toe -.07 Deg -.07 Deg
    Total Toe -0.14 Deg
    Set Back .66 Deg

Rear: Left: Right:
    Camber -3.5 Deg -3.2 Deg
    Toe -0.81 Deg -0.74 Deg
    Total Toe -1.54 Deg
    Thrust Angle -0.04 Deg

Other than the rear toe being too much out,it seems ok-yes?
    What's the best way to reduce toe out in the rear?
    Any ideas?
    Mel Abrahams
    Abrahams Motorsport
    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
    Direct contact:[email protected]

Do less toe in front, it will help turn in.

What tires are you running? You have a bit to much rear camber. You might want to try and put that much up front. To adjust anything you need adjustable trailing arm bushings, and camber plates for the front. If you don't have thoes all you can adjust is front toe.

Do not click
    At least it's German

Comment

Yes-have the Ireland Eng. solid camber plates and offset bushings up front.The -.07 Deg Toe out up front is equivelant to about 1/8" Toe out-this should give a crisp turn in.
      I thought 2+ Deg. negative up front is good.
      Maybe we'll get the adj. camber plates latermor more neg.camber up front.
      Tires are Hoosier R3S03's in 225/50/15's on stock wheels and 245/40/17's on E34 M5 wheels.
      Mel Abrahams
      Abrahams Motorsport

Comment

Had the car at Sebring last month-handled great-slight oversteer (more fun)-I expected less oversteer with the toe out-also surprisingly hardly any inside tire wear-running 17" Hoosier R3S03 track tires on 17"x8" M5 rims.
        Mel Abrahams
        Abrahams Motorsport

Comment

Can any one give more input on this topic? I just installed ground controls on my car and I need some help deciding on good specs for autox setup.

Comment

I'd also appreciate some input. I have some Vorshlag camber plates coming in and would appreciate some suggestion for street and track settings
            1987 325is - 185-195k
            1988 M3 - 141k

Comment

Too many variables as you are a aware (ARB's, shocks, spring tension, heights, etc.) but as a base, on slick tyres an a rear wheel drive car as rule of thumb -1 camber on the front then the rear.

I'd use 3/3.5 camber on the front and 2/2.5 on the rear. I'd use standard toe-in on the rear and 0 to +1mm per wheel toe out on the front.

Then, pick up a good set of tyres, pyro probe and have the temperatures checked across the tyres meticulously and go from there.

Comment

On my Group A M3 I'm running 4 deg neg front camber, 9deg caster, 2.5mm total toe out. At the rear 2.25neg, 0.5mm total toe in. Michelin slicks.

But as Kiko says, its the pyro and tyre pressure guage which brings you to those settings.

This is the end result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNDT...-Tqqsg&index=1
                Last edited by blinkybm; 03-14-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Wow that was a great video and awesome driving
                  Originally posted by blinkybm View Post
                  On my Group A M3 I'm running 4 deg neg front camber, 9deg caster, 2.5mm total toe out. At the rear 2.25neg, 0.5mm total toe in. Michelin slicks.

But as Kiko says, its the pyro and tyre pressure guage which brings you to those settings.

Comment

I have to ask Blinkybm.....Is that the Schnitzer car that used to reside in the Bathurst Museum? The one the Ravaglia drove (and crashed) out here in the 1987 Bathurst?

"But most of all...
                    ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

I see it is that car...interesting story behind it.................................!

"But most of all...

Comment

Yep, that's the car. Ravaglia crashed it in practice and it was repaired by the TAFE team. It was rebuilt in the 90's and I restored it 5 years ago

Sorry to hijack this thread. Off topic!

Comment

Yep...sorry about off topic
                          My neighbour is the bloke that lead the TAFE team that fixed it. Paul Rosche said the repair of the chassis was as good as Matter could have done.
                          I have the front strut that wasn't damaged under my house....

"But most of all...

Comment

Hi Bill, that was a great piece of driving mate! WELL DONE.

As for the Michelin's, there's Michelin slicks and then the others...

Last edited by kiko; 03-16-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Yep, that's the car. Ravaglia crashed it in practice and it was repaired by the TAFE team. It was rebuilt in the 90's and I restored it 5 years ago

Sorry to hijack this thread. Off topic!
                              Dont worry about it, the original thread is 10 years old!

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                              they are not idiots.

Comment

Working...
                              X