Evo3 Fender Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo3 Fender Question

I tried searching for this but I couldn't find anything. Can the Evo3 finder linders fit into US fenders? I'm trying to solve some rubbing issues I've got. Also, do the Evo3 fenders come with the cutout for the turn signals? If they do, I'd prefere to keep the US fenders.

No, the Evo fender liner is different. It is actually cut- then a piece is plastic "welded" over the spread/ cut section-

Evo fenders are available w/ or w/out the side turn indicator-

Don McAdams
    1988 E30 M3
    "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Originally posted by D///M3
      It is actually cut- then a piece is plastic "welded" over the spread/ cut section
      That looks hack for a factory part. :(

Comment

Originally posted by trent
        That looks hack for a factory part. :(
        That is they way they come from BMW- They cut a notch in the liner, plastic "weld" a piece over the cut section & charge almost 3X's the stock liner price- :sosad:

Don McAdams
        1988 E30 M3

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Good thing I work at a BMW dealer and can get parts for a lot cheaper than after market places.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond_///M
            Good thing I work at a BMW dealer and can get parts for a lot cheaper than after market places.
            Yes, lucky you are-
            Don McAdams
            1988 E30 M3

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

buy the standard part & do it yourself after the tyre has shown you thru its rubbing where to cut & 'weld'.
              If it doesnt rub just leave it...

Comment

That's not the only thing they do that is hack, haha. When you buy brake ducts for A/C cars they cut a hole by hand out of the duct to allow room for some A/C component.
                "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

they look shitty in the pic but i just installed them on my car the other week when i had my evo 3 fender and evo bumper installed. since they are only cut a small amount because the fender is cut higher, i don't think it would benefit you in anyway on a us car because of rubbing issues.
                  ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

Has anyone bought and installed Evo III fender liners recently? I just got a new set from BMW and tried installing them yesterday, and the rear 1/3 of the part was about ~0.75" away from the actually fender.

It is the evo part cause it definitely "fits" better than the US one, and also has the aforementioned cut and plastic weld on the top, but the fit is, well, crappy at best.

At this point it looks like I am going to have to cut it again in a different spot, cause all the time I spent with a heat gun trying to loosen the piece and expand it was not good enough...I still have a good 0.25-0.5" gap.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                    X