Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CourtM3
    replied
    Yeah don't lose the bolts!! Replaced mine and lost them. Went to order and had to wait like 4 days. Apparently there were only 33 of them in the country.

Leave a comment:

• ///MCon
    replied
    Removing the dash isn't that bad! Getting back in doesn't look fun! Just did min last night

Leave a comment:

• OPTIMO
    replied
    If you want to remove the dash anyway and have questions, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• BoxFlares
    replied
    Originally posted by UNHCLL
    2nd post in this thread have the step by step process for replacing/removing the heater core.

Best of luck!

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...eater+AND+Core

I should also add...

REPLACE THE O-RINGS on the heater core -> heater pipe connection. If you don't, there is a very good chance you will end up with your feet soaked in hot coolant once the engine gets up to temp/pressure.
    Thanks!

When mine went bad:

-Excessive fogging of the front windshield, coupled with a more "dirty fog" covering of the inside window glass. Also had a coolant smell when the heat was turned on and fan was blowing.

- Small puddle of coolant under the car (below transmission) when the car was running with the heat on

-Slow but steady consumption of coolant. (Very slow... maybe half the bottle in 2-3 weeks of daily driving)

Replacement:

Drain radiator
    Disconnect hoses in engine bay that pass through firewall
    Cover drivers floor/tranny tunnel with plastic and keep a bunch of towels handy
    Remove center console
    Remove D.Side floor vent tube
    Undo 3 or 4 screws on heater core
    Remove/Loosen 2 tubes that come down through firewall
    Slide out old HC - be ready to absorb spilled coolant
    Slide replacement in
    reverse procedure
    add coolant... bleed system with Heat turned ON and engine running.

All done.
    It took me less than 2 hours maximum.

HTH,
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• Reelizmpro
    replied
    You don't touch the dash just the center console. Take the old one out and determine which type of core and valve you have first. Then order replacements with new O rings. It's kind of a bitch to get to the 8mm bolts so it helps if you have the tools and aren't too big.

Leave a comment:

• UNHCLL
    replied
    2nd post in this thread have the step by step process for replacing/removing the heater core.

Best of luck!

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...eater+AND+Core

I should also add...

REPLACE THE O-RINGS on the heater core -> heater pipe connection. If you don't, there is a very good chance you will end up with your feet soaked in hot coolant once the engine gets up to temp/pressure.
    Last edited by UNHCLL; 12-21-2006, 05:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BoxFlares
    started a topic Dash removal for heater core

Dash removal for heater core

Yes I did a search all I've found out was that its supposed to be easy repair.

I'm sure I have a leaking heater core. I can smell coolant and my windows got some kinda haze on em.

I was wondering if the whole dash has to be pulled to get this done?
Working...
X